Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An original patch, GONE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: An original patch, GONE! Reply with quote

Over an hour tweaking a patch and my son, 6 years old comes down and switches off the power supply I was plugged into! Doh!

I have a few tweaking onbservations and a wish list but for now anyone with a process they follow for tweaking please post. Gotts run, but obviously, I'll be back! I can't stay out of this forum!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is the start.
I have noticed I have more luck, right now, turning the algorithm level down so I can't hear it and then playing with the chosen instrument and tweaking just the parameters for it. Once I get it where I like it I start on the Algorithm. I do not know how effective that will be in the long run because the incident above happened. I do know I turn down or off all effects first, reverb, delay, And I work in Edit one first with the velocity and pressure curves then switch to edit 2 and work with the algorithm, after I go to the effects.

Now for the wish list. I wish I had some more direct control rather then using the bank and buttons 1 thru 4.Give me an individual knob for each editable parameter! Yes I know the unit would be bigger so make it removable if you want the unit we have now you got it when you want to dig into the tweaking plug it in!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this tweaking is fun but seriously time consuming! Anyone else been doing much tweaking? I thinking I really need a second WD to accomplish some of what i want. The metal rim and the fyberskin head just don't afford enough similarities to get a dual tone. I am looking for sometimes. I do not mean this as a complaint but as an observation because the difference has as many positives as this negative for me!

I was searching ebay and have come to the conclusion a WD mini will not be my next purchase when I can get a used WD silver like I have for less! Really I see no reason other then the little trigger you can clip on things is cool, really cool, and would be a nice addition to the next version of WD! IMHO

Anyway what have you all been up to with your WD's?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: