Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does your wavedrum inspire your songwriting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Does your wavedrum inspire your songwriting? Reply with quote

The wavedrum looks like alot of fun. I am interested in spending money on it only if it will inspire my song writing. I have a good understanding of harmony and theory. I am inspired by world, brazilian and middle eastern rhythms.

Sooooo.. my question to those of you who have had a wavedrum for a while. Do you still use it... find inspiration from it? Or does it sit more and more away from the recording process. I know it is fun but is it a great inspirational writting tool? This is a serious question. Thanks!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine over a year and use it as much or more now then when I first got it. I would have more then one if I had the cash!
Kaden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wavedrum is an inspirational instrument; do not doubt that for a minute.
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else... not using it so much. I am most interested in the reactions of non-percussionist.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never owned anything drum like before except a little 8 inch snare and bongos for my toddler to play with. I blame my recent drum acquisitions on buying a wavedrum first! Now it has led me down the percussionists road.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definitely inspirational. I've had drum machines which were fun at first, but then sat around and collected dust. The Wavedrum is a completely different beast... you actually play it like the instrument it is, and not like some trigger-based controller pad.

I'm a pianist, definitely not a percussionist. I actually recorded myself trying it out on the first day WHILE playing bass (on keyboard) to come up with a drum/bass track, and then adding a keytar track on top of that and a 2nd drum track on top of that. Nothing sophisticated (yet), but you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4BQHT-rQY

I plan on incorporating the Wavedrum into a lot of my future music videos. For me, its one of the best purchases I've made!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I find my WD to be inspirational or motivational as far as songwriting goes.I'm an old skool sit-at-the-piano-and-conjure-up-a-melody-over-an-interesting-hartmonic-structure kinda songwriter though, so that's probably just me.

The WD does have great therapeutic value for me though - as do all my drums! WD speaks, screams, even whispers quite unlike any of them though.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
I can't say I find my WD to be inspirational or motivational as far as songwriting goes.I'm an old skool sit-at-the-piano-and-conjure-up-a-melody-over-an-interesting-hartmonic-structure kinda songwriter though, so that's probably just me.

That's what works for you and that's great! For me, laying down a drum & bass track just became a whole lot easier (and more natural)!

I suppose this just goes to show that the general question that started this thread really can't be answered in a generic way... it all depends on the person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: