Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out of Tune-Korg Karma/ disable joystick step by step please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenny woo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Out of Tune-Korg Karma/ disable joystick step by step please Reply with quote

Is there a way to disable my joystick on the Korg Karma....it has my programs out of tune....if I could disconnect it...I believe my keyboard will be back in tune......because when I hold it
(the joystick) slightly to the left it's in tune with everything....despite when it's centered ......it still reads 440.....but it's clearly out of tune....please send me the steps to disconnect the feature please....thank you and have a great day..../
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just had a look at this topic, sorry I have not replied sooner.

I'm sure there is a global tuning function on the Karma, would it not be easier to "tune" your keyboard so it is in proper tune to other instruments using this global tuning feature?

Rather than getting into disabling hardware?

I have not tried this on a Karma keyboard as I have not had one for years, but it sounds like it might be a good solution. And, you can still continue to use the joystick.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no global option for disabling the Joystick other than going through every program and combi you use and setting pitch bend range to zero.

Or opening it up and tearing it out. Then you'd have to put a resistor of appropriate value across the connections... And that's only theory.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem and used the emergency fix of disabling pitch bend on my most used combis and programs. But it's actually really easy to fix if you are careful and know how to use a screw driver.

Just open the thing up and look very carefully at how the pitch bend lever works. 99% percent chance it's a broken cable, loose spring or something mechanical like that. I fixed mine three times.
Twice the broken cable because the first time I fixed it so that there was stress on the cable and it broke again. Once a loose spring action (it looked like it went back to center but kept being ever so slightly off).

The alternative is bringing it to a repairshop/service center, but they're just going to do what I suggested above and then charge you for it.
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no global option for disabling the Joystick

Thanks for your suggestion, X-trade,

Actually, what I was suggesting was a global-tuning option, rather than a global joystick-disable option.

For example, if the keyboard is now playing incorrectly at 460Hz with the joystick untouched, couldn't a user tune the entire keyboard 20hz down so that it sounded correct?

The end result would be the keyboard "saying" it is playing at 420Hz, but actually sounding 440Hz with the joystick problem.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvchiclets wrote:
Quote:
There is no global option for disabling the Joystick

Thanks for your suggestion, X-trade,

Actually, what I was suggesting was a global-tuning option, rather than a global joystick-disable option.

For example, if the keyboard is now playing incorrectly at 460Hz with the joystick untouched, couldn't a user tune the entire keyboard 20hz down so that it sounded correct?

The end result would be the keyboard "saying" it is playing at 420Hz, but actually sounding 440Hz with the joystick problem.

I wasn't referring to your suggestion actually, just throwing in my own answer.
But that wouldn't actually work. It would need transposing in cents rather than Hz, because the joystick detunes at semitones, so whatever difference makes it out by 10Hz at 440Hz would make notes an octave up at 880Hz be 20Hz out of tune, and so on.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
bsr2002

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4weTHNvVmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDmcvitkfnc

Korg Workstation & Synths JOYSTICK REPAIR BY S4K ( TUTORIAL )
TRITON KARMA TR LE OASYS

Live Rig: Roland Fantom X6, KORG TR61, Yamaha Motif ES6

http://www.facebook.com/bennyrillo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: