Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin King - June 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Pumpkin King - June 2011 Reply with quote

Ok, so for this month, I guess I'll share two of my youtube videos. I actually did do a composition for this animation project...but the guy I was working with never contacted me back about it. So maybe I'll share that another time.

But anyways, the first song I did was a piano cover from Okami (amazing video game) called Kaguya's Journey. It took me a few hours to learn, and a few more to record it with few flaws. But I was glad that I got it done. I actually submitted it in this little contest thing called Dwelling of the Duels, where every month there is a theme that relates to videos games...and you have to do a song according to the theme. The theme was Sony month, so I did this game. But yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odpn5QxZgKs

Edit: I originally posted one of my keyboard solos, but I think I'll share this other one I uploaded today instead. It's an unfinished song from my triton extreme. And a fun one to play to. I'm not asking for a critique on this one. Since I have two songs, just feel free to comment on the one above. Comments on this one are welcome though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvYOLZL9oE
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent job on the okami cover, very well played. Its also relieving that you did a direct line-in for the music in the video instead of recording through a laptop mic or something. The nuances sound great.

Would you suggest Okami for Wii btw? Been thinking about picking it up.
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charles. Yeah, I always record that way. Though usually it takes a bit of time to line the sound up with the video correctly and convert it properly. It took much longer in that second song. I had two separate video recordings and it just took awhile to make it work the way I wanted.

And YES, I would highly recommend it. Okami is my favorite game of all time and I've only played it on the Wii. Some say that the PS2 version was superior, but I still loved it. Amazing graphics, gameplay, and music for sure. And it's cheap.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi King Very Happy

Yes This is interesting and I am glad for your placing !

Enjoyed this and the way you played it in general .. A little more expression might have been used in places but its very good as is...

Will check out the game today.... Curious about it

Best Regards John Very Happy Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback John.

I agree with using more expression in places. It would have helped if I practiced it a bit more, I learned it in one day so I was trying not to mess up, haha. And I think it would have helped a lot if I played an octave lower in my left hand, it would have added much more IMO. But it didn't sound right with the piano tone I was using. Though on a normal piano, it works perfectly.

And the game is great. The soundtrack is probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard, honestly. Just a beautiful orchestral score.
musical123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,it was great..............
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks musical123 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: