Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wavedrum mini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: wavedrum mini Reply with quote

Just curious but has anyone actually played one yet for any amount of time?
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've had quite a bit of time on one.

The response is very impressive from the primary pad surface, and I found the trigger to work amazingly well!

You can attach the trigger to a table-top, water bottle...whatever you can imagine.
Different surfaces will react differently. It provides very good dynamic response, and essentially turns nearly anything into a unique electronic percussion instrument.

The looping feature is very cool as well. You can create loops by themselves or on top of the internal rhythm programs.

The speaker may appear small, but it sounds decent for something that size and should be more than adequate for quiet practice in a small space, or for working out ideas in a hotel room, etc. But keep in mind that it still has a main audio output that can run into any system the same way as a standard Wavedrum. Using the main output, the sounds are every bit impressive as what you could expect from a Wavedrum (but obviously without all the expression from pitch-bending, etc).

Just to be clear:
You can assign any one of the sounds to either the main pad OR the trigger. Each has it own selection from the same sound library. There are also built-in effects that, if activated, will apply to both sounds equally. Reverb, delay, flange...just what you might expect.

Also, I think people are misunderstanding how much it will actually sell for. I'm pretty sure that street price (at least in the U.S) is quite a bit below what some believe it to be.

I haven't the exact release date yet though.

It is, in a word: FUN! Very Happy
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can or have you run the WD into the mini?
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I understand correctly but...

No, I did not try to run the Wavedrum into the Mini. I'm assuming you mean running the audio output of the Wavedrum into the "Trigger Input" of the mini?

I can't really think of an effective way to run them together. The processing inside the Mini doesn't allow for the depth of expression that the Wavedrum produces with the combination of head & pressure sensor.

Plus, the audio output of the Wavedrum would be different from a pure trigger output. The cool thing about the mini is turning NON-percussoion-like objects into instruments.

I hope I understood the question.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You understood very well, thanks for the answer. I was kind of thinking along those lines but was hopeful maybe some layering could be done feeding one into the other.
Gizmo1300

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: using mini Reply with quote

Hi
yes i have used the mini for about a month now
I have left my first impressions under the wavedrum mini post.

Basically I think it is very cool.
I am still playing with settings and using the clip with a home made foot board to get the best out of it.

well worth the few hundred dollars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: