Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Implementation Chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Midi Implementation Chart Reply with quote

Hi to all members,

I am an owner of Korg Pa80 arranger and several other Workstations of Korg.

It seems that Korg includes Midi Implementation Charts (Not Full However) within their User Guides for their Workstations (I can confirm that by my Workstations, Trinity Plus, Trinity V3, Triton Le, Triton Extreme) but i can't find anything for Pa Series.

As far as i know all manufacturers making Midi Instruments, in order to be compatible to the Midi Specifications have to issue Midi Implementation Charts and make them available to users.

Going back to the i-series i confirm that Korg had issued Full Midi Implementation Chart for the i30.

However after that Korg introduced Pa Series but there is no Midi Implementation Chart issued and available.

What kind of practice is that KORG?
I need to set Studio Applications where the user has no access to the Instrument Panel so i need to send Sysex or Control messages from software editors for controlling several instrument parameters.

Moreover i need to choose a new Pa arranger but before doing so i need to check their features by reading their Midi Implementation.

May someone let me know how may i have access to Midi Implementation Charts of Pa80, Pa800, Pa2X and Pa3X?

Regards to all
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: [Useless images removed]

http://www.korgpa.com is a great source of information for the PA series.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Last edited by Thoraldus on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! where do you find these things! These aren't posted on Korgpa.com, are they?

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
Damn! where do you find these things! These aren't posted on Korgpa.com, are they?

Yep. They're in the PDF user manuals in the Appendix. I just extracted the pages. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Thoraldus,

Thank you for your input but it is obvious that you have not understood of what i am asking for or you don't have a clue about it.

I know that Korgpa, Korg USA and Korg Uk are great sources of information. Before posting here I visited their respective sites (as I always do) and also asked for info by local distributor of Korg. As you realize i am not the type of guy that does not read manuals.

The simple midi implementation charts linked by you given in a single page in the manual are NOT what i am looking for. Those do not include the information i need. As i have written in my first post of this thread i need the Full Midi Implementation
I am not interested in just a list of Transmitted and Recognized Data.

I need System Common Messages, System Realtime Messages, Universal System Exclusive Messages, Structure of Sysex, Sysex Code Lists, Data Dump Sysex and so on which defenitely don't fit in a single page

For example the Full Midi Implementation in case of Arranger Korg i30 was 97 pages.

If you would like to have a look at what a Full Midi Implementation Chart is, download the manual of Korg i30 (Visit : http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/korgstory_i30.html?en and scroll down), download, unzip the file and open i30 Midi Implementation.pdf

What I am looking for are the respective documents for Pa80, 800, 2X and 3X.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg_nikos wrote:
I need System Common Messages, System Realtime Messages, Universal System Exclusive Messages, Structure of Sysex, Sysex Code Lists, Data Dump Sysex and so on which defenitely don't fit in a single page

Yes, it would have been more helpful if you had mentioned this in your first post. Wink

A quick search of the forums here shows that this data has not been published by KORG for the PA80, PA800, PA2X or PA3X. Perhaps you should contact KORG directly and see if they can help.

Johann Sebastian Bach

korg_nikos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why i said Full Midi Implementation...nevermind.

It seems that Korg has not published anything but as far as i know...

It is a requirement from the MIDI Standards Body of Manufacturers that all Manufacturers must publish their SysEx Implementation Chart and make it open to other Developers. This Requirement must apply to Midi Compatible Devices and Users have the right to obtain the necessary documentation from their Respective Manufacturer. Otherwise no Manufacturer can claim that they are Compliant with the MIDI specifications.

This is why i asked about particular Korg practices on this subject. A quick search of the forums revealed that indeed Korg has not published anything but there isn't anything else mentioned.

I have already contacted Local Agent of Korg and tried to contact Korg directly but as it seems Korg wont allow me not to go through their Local Agent. Anyway i haven't received anything from them as a reply so i asked here.

Great Support Korg!!! THANKS.

Anyway thanks again Thoraldus.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Assyrianpianist wrote:

Yep. They're in the PDF user manuals in the Appendix. I just extracted the pages. Wink

my bad! I thought this was the detailed manual which many have been looking for. That's why I was surprized that you were able to find them so easily. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: