Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some beginner rack questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batsinthebelltower

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Some beginner rack questions Reply with quote

Hey guys

Im new here , ive been playing guitar for 12 years and synth for about 1 year now. I got my first korg triton rack , and im using a roland AX7 to control it .

Totally blown away with it , so epic.

I have a few n00b questions ,

1. In GLOBAL i think , i found a tickbox which allowed me to control some paramaters like patch up down , using my keytar. This is the first time ive found how to do it, and when i switched it off it reseted and i cannot refind the option...

2. When i DO get this option working, not all the control buttons on my keytar function with the triton , i take it i have some form of midi mapping to do ??

Heres a few clips of my synth use so far , no idea how to even edit patches yet , so theyre all standard preset sounds , need to get some good lead sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F52_MFccgpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfp-D9oJQcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2fIWHj9QY

Cool Cool Cool
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally there are 3 pedal inputs on a keyboard - sustain (which is a dedicated +/- switch), expression (a variable continuous controller that looks like a wah-wah pedal) and an assignable switch (also +/-, but with variable functions).

The mystery global tick box is probably the one to assign a function to the switch. If you go into the global menu (push global, then press the edit) you should see a tab that says controllers of maybe preferences - at that point you should be able to select switch and scroll through a list of possible functions.

-------------

There's a bit of skull work involved in assigning the control(er)s on your Akai to make them link up with control(ee) parameters within your Triton. They're basically dead until you establish that link. That's a good thing in one way in that you can't make accidental wonky sounds.

And if memory serves, many of those unlinked controls are actually linked (using preset templates) to transport and sequencing functions of DAW software - so I wouldn't worry about 'em too much for straightforward playing.

If you have the Akai's manual you can check which CC# (continuous controller) the gizmos on the Akai control and set them up per the Triton's manual.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: