Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What programs would you suggest for a 2 wavedrum conga set?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gllryns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: What programs would you suggest for a 2 wavedrum conga set? Reply with quote

What programs do you think would better emulate a quinto plus a conga, or a tumbadora, the biggest drum?

Are there any further descriptions about the provided settings? I mean, what was the idea of the "Conga Circle" setup for example, and how it would match or compare with the other options?

Thanks, and sorry if the question is too basic. I have seen another post about tweaking or improving on Conga 19, which seems more like a quinto to my untrained ears.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any detailed description of the various programs beyond their sometimes-random titles.

But as far as emulating real quintos, congas and tumbas, I would say your best bet is to start with program #19 and alter the tuning. It's the only really "pure" conga sound in the list. You might find that altering some of the other parameters is useful as well, but try simply tuning the pitch up and down to see if you can achieve the desired result.

Edit:
I assumed you were asking about using two different Wavedrums together but now I see that maybe you are trying to achieve the sound of two drums (quinto & conga) on one Wavedrum? That might be a bit trickier.

In that case, you'd probably have to start with program #20 or #21 and try altering the rim sound to maybe create a somewhat simulated effect of two different drums (one on the head, one on the rim). Program #19 is the most authentic sounding but due to the fact that is uses a "double-size algorithm" (which is why is sounds so good) it is impossible to add a separate sound to the rim on that particular program.
gllryns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your detailed response. I was actually trying to make a case for myself to get a second Wavedrum and assembling a two conga set, setting one more like a quinto and the second as a conga. I will experiment with your suggestions as a starting point.

In certain way, I was expecting the conga-centered programs to be rather complementary in two Wavedrum setups. I would likely try tweaking the rim sound of #20 and #21 and learn from it.

Thanks again for your kindness,

Guillermo
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for a whole day trying to getthe sound of both on one wavedrum and never really hit it. I'm no tweaking pro but dog gone after a day I thought I could get something close. Get a second WD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: