Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin King - Hyperspace 3 - September 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Pumpkin King - Hyperspace 3 - September 2011 Reply with quote

This one is a song I started maybe 3 years ago using Garageband, but I decided to complete the second half of the song and make some tweaks to get it finished, within the past few days. It's called Hyperspace 3 (I have two others that you all can check out).

So yeah, it's an electronic, almost a club dance song in a few spots, with a cool keyboard solo to finish it off.

Oh, the beginning clips at spots for some reason. Something with Soundcloud there...dunno how to fix that, it plays fine here on iTunes for me.

http://soundcloud.com/pumpkin-king/hyperspace-3

EDIT: I uploaded it to Soundclick, too. There is no clipping so I suggest listening to this version: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11060893
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again and

Thanks for this! MOST interesting with much to offer in rhythmic elements and the arp-like figure starting 0:29 is really downright pretty!!! Overall I find it a real surprise and very exciting of sounds and I simply LIKE it and would listen without worry for a bit anytime !!!

I like the general flow of the arp like sounds and the bass line heard as that drops out to the other added sounds later in the song.., which hold the interest well also!

At 2:12 the more synth. sound is such a NICE contrast to the earlier arps that it gives a real feel of space and openness and has a feel for use in some kind of movie situation ? it almost seems.... ? ? ? The piano notes are BEAUTIFUL! coming in as they do with the wonderful light quality VERY nice I thought . . . Embarassed but well It's just pretty to me and I enjoyed it very much and listened several times !!

Best regards !!! Johnny John ellll ... Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit, some of the melodies in the beginning that you hear are straight from Garageband (this goes for all the Hyperspace songs that I've done). Though not exactly the same. I did some editing, added different effects, manipulated things around. But I just want to confess that. I started this when I was new to DAWs. But I finished it up with some of my own original stuff in the end.

But thanks again for the listen. I may keep on doing more of these Hyperspace songs from time to time. When I work on these songs, I work much differently compared to a lot of the other things that I compose. And it's always nice to do things differently. That's something that I strive on doing when it comes to making music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: