Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavedrum ELECTRONIC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Wavedrum ELECTRONIC Reply with quote

I'll be getting a Wavedrum in the new year but have been wondering if Korg might consider an additional model to cover more electronic / dance music sounds. Do you guys think Korg would consider such a model?
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "new" thing coming out for the trade shows is the Wavedrum Mini. I haven't heard about any other models yet.
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be amazing if they could. I'm not convinced by the Handsonic or user samples but having a wavedrum capable of electronic & experimental sounds would be incredible.
tobintech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once you get one, you'll find it is a very experimental instrument and can go from organic to electronic in terms of sound, especially when you start utilizing out board processing and effects. If you are talking about old analog drum synth sounds you can play with look at Jomox's MBase and MBrane, these are true analog drum synth circuits, I've contemplated getting these units and contact mics (or even splitting the audio from the WDX) to trigger these units (I have a old leather Samsonite suitcase I use for a bass drum that I'd like to mix the acoustic sound with an MBase using a contact mic or two on the suitcase it self)
master logic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tobintech. I certainly intend to use it with lots outboard but it's good to know that the wavedrum can already provide a wider selection of sounds than i first thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: