Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$750 CREDITS for O users who brought EXP (to use on kronos)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: $750 CREDITS for O users who brought EXP (to use on kronos) Reply with quote

Hello,

Just receive a mail from Korg, and if, as an oasys user who BROUGHT all the expansions, you are eligible to use them to buy KRONOS libraries (up to $750.00) to use on a Kronos i think (not sure if the libraries will work on OASYS??, and i'm assuming that unless you have a kronos, you don't actually benefit???. Confused

Anthony

JOHN 3:16
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my email too from Korg. I'm entitled to the full amount too.

You cannot use Kronos Library with Oasys.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oasys owners should have the option to apply their credit towards the purchase of a Kronos.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
I just got my email too from Korg. I'm entitled to the full amount too.

You cannot use Kronos Library with Oasys.

Billy

thanks billy.

Wonder how much these libraries are?, i guess with Kronos users having to BUY them, seems like a "reverse" procedure, or "pay-back time" Evil or Very Mad

Hold on though, i have to buy a kronos first Crying or Very sad

Trinity2112 wrote:
Oasys owners should have the option to apply their credit towards the purchase of a Kronos.

But if you brought a KRONOS, it wouldbe (in effect) $750 cheaper - IF you spent All your $750 credit on the sound libraries

750.00 USD=475.499 GBP
750.00 USD=731.976 AUD
750.00 USD=544.758 EUR
750.00 USD=763.773 CAD

Etc

JOHN 3:16
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is pretty good of KORG. For a second time they have at least reached out to O owners to offer some level of "restitution" in consideration of the Kronos platform. They certainly did not HAVE to do either of these things. The fact that they did is more reconciliatory than perhaps any other major manufacturer in the music biz. I think they recognize the big ticket price of Oasys and give at least some special consideration to its customers who purchased one.

Sure, this is a reasonably smart way to incentivize Oasys customers to step into Kronos.....but if you have considered it.....and the new OS and sound libraries and seeming ongoing development are certainly an enticement to do so....then this is certainly a cool spiff which may be of genuine value. Heck, if you are willing to make the jump into Kronos, $750 in credits is nothing to sneeze at! Korg is effectively saying, if you upgrade (or is it downgrade? lol) to Kronos, we are giving you a fully loaded one for the cost of a basic one. In my view....not bad!

It also seems that the release of the libraries is imminent.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the email too and since I bought all the O upgrades, I can also lay claim to the $750, IF I choose to buy a Kronos.

So let me see how this works: Spend $8K on Oasys plus $650 for upgrades to it, plus ATA case for $500= $9,150 initial investment. (Some people buy cars for less.) Now, if I spend at least another $3k for the 61 key Kronos and I trade in my $750 credit for the NEW sounds on the Kronos, I'll only have $12,150 invested in 2 keyboards that sound the same but each can do a few minor tricks the other can't. Quite the deal I'd say, wouldn't you?

Especially when you think about the fact they have the same lousy good for nothing but headaches sequencers. If you make one a master & the other a slave you can get all the way up to 32 total audio tracks to record on (since you can't use the stupid sequencer). Of course you'll need head worn binoculars to be able to read the "screen" or was that "scream" on the Kronos. Hey, it only comes to a little over $6k per unit !!!!

That deal just gets better & better! But wait, there's more! ........

Everybody, now.......

All you need is love, and a librarian, and more Memory, and more Vaseline.

What me worry? It's as good as a screen door on a submarine !!!!

You made me do it Boo hoo!

Ken Beer
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
I got the email too and since I bought all the O upgrades, I can also lay claim to the $750, IF I choose to buy a Kronos.

It's an offer. No one is forcing you to take it.

I personally think it is a nice gesture.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg should offer registered owners of the Oasys who bought one originally and registered there warranty a rebate on a purchase of a Kronos,the fact you have to spend a further £xxxx on a Kronos in order to take advantage of the offer..... Confused

Especially with all these stories about s**t Build quality and other issues,Korg won't get another penny from me just because they offer a rebate on libraries,theres more than enough sounds and engines to be getting on with inside whats available in the Oasys,and in four years of owning mine have probably only scratched the surface of it...

It not extra sounds that will persuade me(especially when 90% probably wouldn't be of any use anyway,much like the Factory presets.)..Consider an Overhaul of the sequencer and I might take notice of what Kronos has to offer

Until then,Think I'll cut my losses on the Oasys and pass thanks!!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will suprise some of you I'm sure that I actually respect this offer from Korg. Shocked

The thought did strike me however as the offer is time limited (March 2012), and as the libraries are only of value if you have a Kronos, could the personal credits be not used against the pruchase of a Kronos?

If that were the case, I would buy a Kronos-61 (NB not to replace the OASYS - that baby is with me for life!).

I've started a poll here to gather what other O users think:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=431340#431340
CrazyFoo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its very cool on Korg's part but why does the offer expire so soon?
It's the only thing I dont like about it, very pushy if you ask me.
I was planning on buying one but not in the next 12 months.

At least let the offer last for 24 months and give people a chance.
Jupiter 80
Moog Voyager Select Series: Solar Edition
Roland SH-5
chansensturm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Not Kool Reply with quote

It is easy to offer a reimbursement when, you know, a priori, no one who owns an Oasys today, will claim it.

I find this move a bit cynical actually.
SoulBe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

we´ve discussed this topic. I also see the nice gesture - for me the refund of $ 750,- is not a real worth, because my OASYS works and I don´t plan to buy a KRONOS; I think there won´t be may OASYS users who buy the KRONOS, so ......
Of course it would be different if the KRONOS libs are readable for OASYS, but they won´t, so ....................

best regards
SoulBe
Rocness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Korg , do you think , we're stupid !

Here we go again .

I consider Korg's offer a blatant insult to all Oasys owners .

Let me get this straight , The Oasys cost about $8000 when it came out , about 7 years later you make a cheeper version with a ssd drive, new piano and new electric piano but at the same time it also has a smaller non-adjustable screen no led's and no trigger chord pads and significantly less IO.

Granted Korg you did unlock all the expansions (which was nice ) but people who already bought them did not benefit from that .

Now your saying Your going to give Oasys owners a discount on libraries for the Kronos . Are you kidding me , you still have to go and buy a completely new workstation to benefit from your discount .

The reason we bought Oasys was so we didn't have to keep buying more synths as new technologies become available you could all ways add it .

The discount that Korg is offering should be able to be applied to all Korg products not just a very poorly built Kronos with numerous documented
problems from top to bottom .

Korg screws Oasys owners once agin , wow what an insult .
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin,

Yes, it is only an offer & no one is twisting my arm to take it. Please note that I have NEVER shown any ILL WILL regarding the death of the Oasys and the Emperor's new clothes known as Kronos. I understand perfectly well what business decisions dictate must be done in very tough times.

My IRE at this point with this "offer", is that in my heart of hearts, I believe the "offer" is, in fact, disingenuous. Trinity is right on, why not allow the offer to count towards the purchase of a Kronos (or some other Korg Product) as was also suggested? Obviously, the Korg brain trust figures that they will actually make a profit by selling the new Kronos sounds which means it has or will have a larger user base than Oasys. Given that, Korg can afford to "give away" the sounds if it can seduce O owners to plunk down money for the hardware.

It is terrible being a Libra in that I usually see both sides with equal ease. I can readily see that some people will see it as a nice gesture. After all, it does "look" like an olive branch and there may be some genuine intent on Korg's part. However, under MY microscope after scrutiny, it looks more like a big wooden horse with wheels on it. A "gift" horse for sure and we all have heard never to look them in the mouth.

I don't claim my view is the only view, but something stinks to my nose.

Ken
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
why not allow the offer to count towards the purchase of a Kronos (or some other Korg Product) as was also suggested?

The WHY seems obvious.....because 1. software libraries via online delivery have no (or very little direct) manufacturing hard costs. Giving software libraries away is perhaps a loss of potential revenue, but not a loss of pre-invested manufacturing dollars. Giving away a large discount on a Kronos represents a tangible dollar investment by Korg, not just a gratuity and marketing campaign. Inspiring you to buy a Kronos by discounting its after-purchase add-on's generates real tangible profits and revenues on the already invested manufacturing costs. If you don't own a Kronos, the software libraries do not represent even the potential of a revenue from you as customer. 2. The offer seeks to solicit an Oasys owner to "upgrade" to a Kronos, so that KORG can yield the profit margin on the Kronos hardware. Discounting the primary purchase likely defeats or deflates the profitability of such an offer in the first place.

All in all, Korg doesn't have to do ANYTHING. The O is dead and buried for years as far as product development. The fact that they offer any level of special consideration to previous customers, no matter how indirect or small, is respectable, and represents solid customer recognition, and intelligent marketing practice. Of course they are going to solicit and seek to "tap" former customers of very similar technology to "upgrade" (as they see it, I am sure) to their latest incarnation of that technology. Every single automobile manufacturer does that exact same thing for decades!

What Korg perhaps did not count on, is that the high initial sales cost of Oasys perhaps embedded Oasys owners into that investment, and effectively took them off the market as a potential customer due to the economies of scale. Whether someone is interested or not in the later tech of Kronos......the investment in O, and the commensurate economies of scale, may outweigh the "typical" consumer "trade up" cycles for electronics such as this. After spending may be $9000, one is much more cautious and considerate of the upgrade, and may not even consider or be able to afford a further investment for a much longer period of time. From my observation, this is the case for many Oasys owners.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: