Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2loose - Torque - Oct 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: 2loose - Torque - Oct 11 Reply with quote

Having no 2loose song ideas at the moment, I decided to try an ambient piece, using the sound effects primarily in the Radias in the m3. Consider this a blank canvas or a target range and have at it. I'm not sure what works and doesn't work in this sort of piece so I'm open to anything and everything as far as comments and suggestions. So, have at it, if you will. I called it Torque as I was picturing things slowly turning, screwing or unscrewing.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11154506
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, really cool. It reminds me a bit of this one song by Telefon Tel Aviv (What It Is Without the Hand that Wields It)...sort of. In that song, it starts out like this, very ambient and whatnot, but then a strong glitchy beat comes in. That's what I think you could do here, to make it more of a song rather than I guess a soundscape. And maybe song ping pong delay effects here and there for some tones.

But very well done, perfect for the Halloween mood. I love the deep tones you make in the middle of the song.

I think I'd like to do something like this too at some point. But I don't think I have the right equipment...or at least the knowledge to make some of the sounds. But yeah, again nice work.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George

This has some REALLY nice sounds!!! Excellent for mood...and you created one of considerable mystery and an alien feeling. I am reminded also of a few spots in a few games One in particular; Super Metroid of Nintendo in the Super Nintendo days...

I also would go with a good power rhythm. It could be .. for a section and add some nonsense verbals as well as normal word repetitions..

It is also rather spooky and as such does fit Halloween .., as already mentioned ..

Enjoyed it very much and have to listen a bit more as much is going on and needs more thought Embarassed Very good for a number of uses... Nice experiment !!

Regards John (ellll) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: