Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is 1.5 OS going to be released?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irtehyar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish they'd update it if only to disappoint the people complaining about the complaining. Laughing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slightly related question, hopefully not considered too be too much off topic:

Is anyone planning to create a PCG with all default programs/combis/set list slots, including all the programs/combis that are available for download (like on this forum and korgpatches etc)?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alantunucci

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just ridiculous.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Just like Crocs waiting for Wildebeest on the Serengeti.. I am sure Korg servers will be ..smoking.. once they do release it.

Very funny. I was having my morning coffee and just about lost it. Laughing

p.s. I do believe it will be smokin' when it gets here and it will elevate confidence. Smile
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I have a slightly related question, hopefully not considered too be too much off topic:

Is anyone planning to create a PCG with all default programs/combis/set list slots, including all the programs/combis that are available for download (like on this forum and korgpatches etc)?

Don't you already have such a PCG from the development process? If not, I believe there is one with the DVD's or one can be exported immediately after a factory wipe. If I recall correctly the "monolithic" PCG comes out to about 30+ MB but condenses down to under 7 MB since there is so much text and so many 0's.

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alantunucci wrote:
This is just ridiculous.

Agreed. It will be here when it gets here. I'm sure there are much greater issues to deal with right now and it's not like the Kronos is hurting for features or suffering from insurmountable bugs.

I just sat down and programmed a few patches for the microKORG, the Alesis Micron and the DSI MoPho each from their respective front panel interfaces and have to say I much prefer the Kronos's interface across the board. That and I haven't even scratched the surface with what the Kronos can do over the past few months I've owned it so it's not like I'm pining for the OS update or letting the board collect dust until the download is available.
How many folks let their Access Virus B's sit around for years until OS 4.x came out? Just curious...

I say, enjoy the instrument for what it is and when the new OS is available download it and enjoy it for what it is... That's my $0.02 (or $0.0000000000000018 after taxes)...

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Don't you already have such a PCG from the development process? If not, I believe there is one with the DVD's or one can be exported immediately after a factory wipe. If I recall correctly the "monolithic" PCG comes out to about 30+ MB but condenses down to under 7 MB since there is so much text and so many 0's.

I never created it (yet) ... of course it wouldn't be that difficult, but I haven't downloaded all possible PCGs.

I think I will use the external programs and put them in the new program banks, there are enough combi banks left for external combis.

It's just I don't have the time anymore to both programming and do such things like collecting sounds.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgvuer Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 am Post subject: when will OS 1.5 be released?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be glad it's Korg - and not U.S. Congress and government - who is releasing OS 1.5. Otherwise we'd probably NEVER get it; we wouldn't be able to afford it if we did, and no one around with a brain in their head would trust it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No truer words spoken re the world wide economy, who would have thought we were all worried re the terrorist problems, and it would be the capitalist systems of the world that would be bringing us down.

Any way I digress its the 23rd Nov here in Aussie land so it shouldn't be too long
korgvuer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: when will OS 1.5 be released? Reply with quote

Just be glad it's Korg - and not the U.S. Congress and government - who is releasing OS 1.5. Otherwise we'd probably NEVER get it; we wouldn't be able to afford it if we did, and no one around with a brain in their head would trust it.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan stated in another thread that it is coming soon. Thanksgiving is soon, but I'm not holding out hope for anything that soon. Nevertheless, it would make for a very nice Thanksgiving surprise.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Thanksgiving surprise.

You mean .. "Thanks4giving 1.5 Surprise" Laughing
balfi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being new to the wonderful world of the Kronos and synths in general, I have a rather basic question that may seem rather dumb to you more experienced guys.

When the OS 1.5 finally arrives, how will one actually download it from the computer to the Kronos. After connecting the two via the USB port, what will one have to do next?
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

balfi wrote:
After connecting the two via the USB port, what will one have to do next?

You'll need to copy the downloaded OS file from your computer to a USB stick, then plug the USB stick into the Kronos and install from the GLOBAL/BASIC SETUP/UPDATE SYSTEM SOFTWARE menu. There's no direct data transfer over a USB cable other than MIDI and audio.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

balfi wrote:
Being new to the wonderful world of the Kronos and synths in general, I have a rather basic question that may seem rather dumb to you more experienced guys.

When the OS 1.5 finally arrives, how will one actually download it from the computer to the Kronos. After connecting the two via the USB port, what will one have to do next?

Probably not via a link but by storing in on a USB stick, then powering on the Kronos with one or more key pressed and it will then automatically update the firmware. I'm 100% there will be very precise instructions added to the upgrade procedure.

DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
korgvuer Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 am Post subject: when will OS 1.5 be released?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be glad it's Korg - and not U.S. Congress and government - who is releasing OS 1.5. Otherwise we'd probably NEVER get it; we wouldn't be able to afford it if we did, and no one around with a brain in their head would trust it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No truer words spoken re the world wide economy, who would have thought we were all worried re the terrorist problems, and it would be the capitalist systems of the world that would be bringing us down.

Any way I digress its the 23rd Nov here in Aussie land so it shouldn't be too long

Fellow Korgian, FWIW, I'd love to take my wife to Austrailia on one of our upcoming vacations--beautiful country. BUT THIS IS A MUSIC FORUM AND YOU ARE BRINGING IN POLITICS. AND BY THE WAY, I CAN SEE BY YOUR CAPITALISM COMMENT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE TO WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING ECONOMICALLY OR EVEN THE CONFLUENCE OF EVENTS THAT ARE PRODUCING THE PROBLEMS OF GREECE AND
AND SOME OF THE OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES AS WELL AS HERE IN THE U.S.

Back to the safe haven of the Korg world. In the US, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I indeed will be thankful when the new o.s. arrives. So to all of you, I wish you a true and joyful Thanksgiving to celebrate with your family and friends and hope you will be also be blessed with some free time to express your musical ideas on your Kronos'.
Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: