Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

editor/librarian softwareerror

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justink24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: editor/librarian softwareerror Reply with quote

Yo! I have a microsampler that I've been playing with but I recently discovered the PC tools and I am stoked. I went out and got a usb B cable and now I'm here at home trying to transfer some stuff that I've created and downloaded from my PC to the microsampler and when I press either the transmit or receive button, I get this error, "failed to start communicating with microsampler.Please make sure the microsampler is connected and korg usb-midi driver is installed"

I installed the driver from the korg website and it was the most recent release available. Also, when I plug in the microsampler, the computer tells me that it's been recognized and is ready to be used. Please help!!
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows is not perfect with MIDI device connections. I had problems with my Kaossilator Pro, but not my microSAMPLER. The only advice I can give is to remove everything and reinstall. I think there is some advice on how to make sure you haven't run out of MIDI device "slots", for lack of a better word, on Windows floating around here in the Kaossilator forum.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you run the Installation utility for the driver from the Start menu?

The actual installer you download only puts the drivers and the utilities on the computer, you have to use the utility to tell Windows to use the Korg driver, otherwise it continues to use the built in Windows driver which doesn't work correctly.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
justink24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, friends. I have not ran the driver that I downloaded. That sounds like it might be the problem right there. I will try that now. Again, gracias!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: