Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD sales

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: WD sales Reply with quote

So has the wavedrum been a big hit for Korg. Any idea if or when we might see another version?
martygras

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that it has been as successful as possible with a niche market item.

I thought I was one of only a few hundred Handsonic users, but there are a lot more of those out there than I knew. So far, not even most music store employees have ever even heard of it. I went into the Guitar Center down the street, (yes literally down the street) and the drum guys hadn't even heard of any Wavedrum thingy. I feel like I'm on the leading edge of drum technology.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the GC stores is that only some of them carry the Wavedrum. So if a certain store isn't on the list (and I've no idea how that is determined) then it's a no-show. Out of sight, out of mind.

I haven't seen or heard anything whatsoever that would indicate there's a different, future model on the way. But even there was, I wouldn't exactly be the first to know. Like many here, I would love to see full blown pro version with XLR outputs and USB accessibility. I also wouldn't mind seeing a larger one that uses a 12" head for more of a playing surface.
Wishful thinking, no doubt...

As I stated in the NAMM thread: the full size Wavedrum was hardly of focus of the show. For the very few times that I demoed the Oriental version, it immediately drew a small crowd. But the emphasis was on the Mini, and even more so on the new Kaoss pads.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny when I bought my WD I had a certificate to GC so I went to the local one and they never heard of it and said they would probably never have one because it was a low volume item not likely to move fast. They were, obviously, more then willing to put the order in for me though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: