Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias and Windows 7 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jujumen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Radias and Windows 7 problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I've recently switched to Windows 7. Ever since, I've had problems. One is that Cubase Studio 4 does not 'see' the Radias as a midi device, even when Windows does it as an audio device. I've tried all sorts of tricks: reinstalling drivers, older drivers, throwing other midi devices off, but no change.

I've heard that the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth and the radias conflict for some users in Windows 7. Anybody any ideas or other suggestions?

Best regards,

Pieter
muttlee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problem with the USB into the Radias...It use to work, but after a reinstall the korg midi drivers dont work anymore...The driver utility says its installs correctly but nothing can see the Radias usb midi....i've tried the latest and range of older korg usb drivers with no luck...
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is the same with W7 but with WXP there is a problem with USB-MIDI devices. Each time such a device is connected on a different USB port, a new MIDI port is generated ( midi0, midi1, midi2...etc.) but Windows only is capable to map midi0 to midi9. If your device drivers get assigned a port greater than 10, then even if the driver is installed, Win doesn't finds it. KORG has a tool called KORG MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility (UnInstDrv.exe and UnInstDrv64.exe) that is included in the KORG USB-MIDI Driver.

The Drivers are here http://www.korguser.net/html/Installation%20Manual/English/Installation%20Manual.HTM

Once the uninstaller is started and after analyzing the Reg, it will show you where the KORG drivers are installed. If you click on the button "Options" it will ask you if you only want to delete KORGs devices. Uncheck the option and it will show you all the installed midi devices, a lot of them like Webcams, Bluetooth, etc. which in the fact have nothing to do with midi at all, but that is Windows!

Hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: