Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavedrum programs internal factory settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monomille

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Wavedrum programs internal factory settings Reply with quote

My brother-in-law has introduced me to his WD Oriental. He is an accomplished hand drummer but asked for my help in deciphering how to program the WD. After studying the manual and the Tips on the forum I was able to crack the code and help him to do the same. We have, of course, the algorithm and instrument makeup of the many programs including the very helpful consolidated list referenced in this forum. What would be very helpful as he modifies factory supplied programs would be a map of all of the factory program next level down settings. It is easy to lose track of what you have changed and what you have not changed. There seems to be no way to restore just one program to factory settings without wiping out all of your other saved user edited programs. Does anyone know of a master list of all parameters for the factory programs? Thanks.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first.

This might be what your are referring to, but just in case, if you haven't seen this thread from freestock:
"I have change my loop on my wavedrum"
He provided a very convenient download of a pdf that combined the full manual with the Oriental supplement manual. The last page of that has many of the Factory Default settings listed.
freestok wrote:
I also noticed that the manual that came in the box is the same as for the original version SILVER, and That a separate supplement is provided, that stuff myself having to look at book and of juggling two eyes to complete list sounds and loops, they are idlers among KORG or what? ... so I did it myself, and for those interested, I will put you in PDF page I created together a list of sounds PCM, programs, algorithms and loops for Wavedrum orientale

http://www.pandacreasite.com/wavedrum/WAVEDRUM_ORIENTAL_PERSONNEL.pdf

Now, to your question:
I don't quite understand what your mean by the "factory next level down settings." Could you clarify that a bit?

As far restoring just one factory setting:
This, from the Editing on the Wavedrum thread, should answer your question:
WaveDrummer wrote:
If you ever want to replace a User Program with any one of the Factory Programs, you can do that too. Or suppose you wanted to have four Djembe programs with the same settings except tuned differently, and you wanted to have them numbered one after another in sequence? You could start with the Factory Program Djembe, copy it one-at-a-time to four locations in the User settings, and then edit the tuning of each one.

Here’s how:
Just dial-up whichever Factory Program (with a “P” in front of the number) you want to start with. Now, enter one of the Edit Modes. Don’t worry about messing up a Factory Program, those are fixed a can not be altered. Once you’re in Edit Mode, press the “Write” button. The display will begin to flash and the “P” will disappear from the display because you can’t save to one of the Factory locations. You can then turn the dial to select any one of the User Program numbers. When you find your destination, simply press “Write” again and you're done.

So yes, you can restore just one program without affecting any of the others. Suppose you had altered #35 Tabla and wanted to restore the factory sound (even though that sound permanently resides within the Factory bank of sounds already). Just dial up P 035, enter into Edit Mode and then SAVE that sound into #35 in the User bank of sounds. Doing so will automatically overwrite whatever changes you had made to User Program #35.

Make sense?

Let us know if you need more help with this.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, now that I re-read your post I think I understand. You're looking for a list of ALL the adjustable parameters within a program, and want to be able to restore just one of those parameters without affecting the others, is that it?

If that is indeed what you are asking, then I have yet to see a list of all the parameters (and there can be up to 56 of them for any given program!). The only way that comes to mind is to physically transcribe the parameters from one of the Factory sounds and then keep track of all the adjustments you are making to any of the User sounds. I always write down everything I do when I'm editing for just that reason. Tedious but very useful.
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the sounds ?
that is too much info for paper

@wavedrummer
sorry that it seems you never tried to open my EXCEL file (*.XLS), Sad
in there you have the numbers of the first 15 sounds.

the rest is DIY as usual... Wink Laughing
monomille

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WaveDrummer

Thanks for struggling with my admittedly confusing questions.

I do have the pages from Freestock and they are very helpful. The last page has the basic algorithm presets [although not as tailored to programs] and that is useful.

re restoring Factory Programs - although early on I did see the P... programs, I forgot about them when I was editing User programs [I guess because they are up high on the dial and you don't run into them without trying to go there]. Now I see how the "can't be edited Factory programs" are really in a different location and the use of "reset to factory settings" procedure is not generally needed. I'll call my brother-in-law Steve and fill in the part I didn't understand - classic case of the blind leading the visually impaired.

Now that I know where to go to check on the Factory parameter presets it is not as important to have the full display but it still would be nice to see the whole "map" laid out as a starting place for understanding the effects of different preset patterns versus the sound of the resulting programs. I guess my learning style is sort of top down architectural.

@WaterDrum
I went to your posts to look for .xls files and found http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30648524/Wind_and_thunder.xls
but it was no longer available there. From the name it probably wasn't the right one anyway but if you have the 15 program presets file available I would love to see it. I'm no stranger to DIY but am always happy to avoid redundant work.

Thanks to both of you for the help - although Steve is the accomplished performer, I have made a lot of wooden drums for him and love the opportunity to help create complex and nuanced WD programs with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: