Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Trade - Jan 2012 - Too Late (2056)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: X-Trade - Jan 2012 - Too Late (2056) Reply with quote

I did actually finish this in Jan but only just got around to posting it here.

I'm going to be trying to be more active in OSAM as I've failed terribly the past two years in a row.

This was mostly recorded in one session one night.

http://soundcloud.com/bradleygray/too-late-2056-ad
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
djcactus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

better late then never, i like it, i think it could use a break down at some point. Like cut the drums or if its possible to drop the cutoff frequency on all of your filters to give it that "next door" sound. I think im hearing sweeping filters in there so it could be possible. I was just dropping some constructive criticism i really like it.
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat kick. vast synthscapes. sweeping arpeggio. really loving it. ended up putting headphones on and turning it up to immerse myself in synth.
reminds me of the kind of sessions my mate would have on his MFB-503, blofeld and nord modular.

alot of DNA from an 80's sci-fi movie soundtrack in there

big thumbs up from me

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everything that's hear sounds great. Good fat sound and it has good movement that holds up well even without any big surprises. Hypnotic type of piece. That being said there are many things you could do to create even more interest. Like a voice fading in then fading out, saying something strange like the alphabet or something. Or some instructional voice. I really like the different sounds in here though, and believe me, i've heard many a song on electronica and new wave stuff that is just this repetitive but was released and left this way. On a cd you could actually have a couple different versions of this, one like this and another mix with a vocal, or one where you put a bridge in the middle. etc etc, using this as a theme that is then redeveloped in different ways.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: