Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSAM february '12 - Saturday morning cruise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: OSAM february '12 - Saturday morning cruise Reply with quote

Put together this morning on the Electribe MX -1
no samples
Work in progress.

Not the track I was working on for my february entry but I'm liking this one's vibe so hit I record =]

Reminds me alot of the kind of tune I'd put together when I first started messing around in Fruity Loops

The arpeggio ribbon is my friend Very Happy

FACEPALM-EDIT:

http://soundcloud.com/neotechtonics/saturdaymorningcruise

it would help if I included the link.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah nelly! Go back to the mixing board and turn down dem drums! Once that fader is squared it'll make listening a lot more enjoyable. Aside from that it is a nice relaxing tune. Got kindof a jazz flute thing going on there, I'd like to hear more high end definition on that instrument and perhaps a few others, they almost sound low-passed.

Solid composition, sounds like it can be used in the montage scene of a spy movie while they're planning some elaborate heist; looking over blueprints and whatnot.
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whacked it together in about an hour and a half of jamming on the 'tribe so its still got alot of work to be done on it... didnt reference it on anything else before hitting record... so the only thing i listened to it on was my headphones (didnt wanna wake the neighbors.. it was early =P ).
I found the sub bass to be really boomy after listening to it on my car sound system, and the 808 kick punched nicely but wasnt over-powering (when it was out of the swamp of sub-bass). I don't have decent monitor speakers or headphones yet so setting my levels and EQing will always be a challenge. My sennheiser HD500s tend to accentuate the highs and mids which slants my judgement of how they'll stand out in a mix.

I'll need to listen to it again on different systems to focus on the drum parts

the sub bass and 808 kick were fighting eachother for space in the lower frequencies.

Also: at the moment i dont separate my parts that much... but i'll start bussing parts as groups out mono so i can have 4 mono tracks out the EMX into their own channels on the R16.. then i can EQ each group individually with a 3-band EQ cos the EQing options on the electribe arent exactly great

and its time to buy some decent monitors and studio headphones =/

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: