Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pressure Curves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikari16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Pressure Curves Reply with quote

What level seem to be the best when you have to use gentle pressure and finger technique as well as pretty forceful slaps in quick succession. I've been tweaking the tabla on my WD silver for sometime trying to find a range that would work best. But overall, the tabla bass sound is pretty sweet when you tweak it and play near the sensor. I'd appreciate any thought and experiences out there.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this was/is going to be the next topic for the "Editing" thread. Wink

I made mention of it in one of the earlier posts but hadn't followed up yet.
The short version is that Pressure Curves and Velocity Curves can be used together so that the Wavedrum responds most appropriately for your own needs. But a good understanding of the sounds that make up each program will be necessary to get the most of these settings. The reason being is that Velocity Curves only apply to PCM sounds, but Pressure Curves will affect both PCMs and Algorithms (except for any algorithm assigned to the rim).

The Pressure Tune and Pressure Decay settings can also be used effectively when customizing sounds.

This really is a topic worth covering all on its own. I should be able to post something more detailed in the next couple of days. I'll try to include some specific examples of settings to better demonstrate some of the possibilities.

Stay tuned...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: