Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor is not win x64 native

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biovac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Editor is not win x64 native Reply with quote

Korg, you can do it better, to much time waiting for non x64 compatibility.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No x64 compatibility???
Shocked Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Biovac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can read in the manual:

Windows: 32-bit VST Host required
The KRONOS Editor is a 32-bit plug-in. The Korg USB MIDI drivers for Windows support both 32-bit and 64-bit
applications, but cannot be opened by both 32-bit and 64-bit applications at the same time. The plug-in and the VST
host each create their own connections to the USB MIDI driver; since the plug-in is a 32-bit application, the VST host
must be 32-bit as well.
If you attempt to load the plug-in with a 64-bit VST host, the plug-in will not be able to connect to the KRONOS.

Plugin can run on x64 system, but in 32 bit mode.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biovac wrote:

The KRONOS Editor is a 32-bit plug-in. The Korg USB MIDI drivers for Windows support both 32-bit and 64-bit
applications, but cannot be opened by both 32-bit and 64-bit applications at the same time. The plug-in and the VST
host each create their own connections to the USB MIDI driver; since the plug-in is a 32-bit application, the VST host
must be 32-bit as well.
If you attempt to load the plug-in with a 64-bit VST host, the plug-in will not be able to connect to the KRONOS.

that's true, but it is a shame that in 2012 64 bit is not supported in a vst host. I'm only using 64 bit DAW plugins, so this is the only plugin that i need to run outside the DAW environment and i have to give up the total recall during projects for the KRONOS.

I didn't expect that to be honest, the Virus TI and the Motif XS VST plugins are working fine in the 64 bit version of my DAW. So i'm a little bit disappointed that the vst is 32 bit only.

But i can use it anyway by using the editor outside the DAW when the DAW is running, but that is not a great solution because this way i can't automate the VST parameters quite easely in the DAW and i have to do the automation the old skool 1990 way. Not something i was expecting from a 2011 flagship.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VST editor did not load with Ableton Live under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I think Live is 32 bit still.

It did load under Cakewalk Sonar Producer Expanded (64 bit) and seemed fine.
ChrisP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biovac,

May be this would solve your problem?

http://www.squest.com/Windows/MidiQuestXL/MidiQuest-XLFeatures.html

From the editor there's a menu option to upgrade to this version (guess that'll not be free)

Cheers!
Morten'J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
Biovac wrote:

must be 32-bit as well.

that's true, but it is a shame that in 2012 64 bit is not supported in a vst host. I'm only using 64 bit DAW plugins, so this is the only plugin that i need to run outside the DAW environment and i have to give up the total recall during projects for the KRONOS.

I didn't expect that to be honest, the Virus TI and the Motif XS VST plugins are working fine in the 64 bit version of my DAW. So i'm a little bit disappointed that the vst is 32 bit only.

But i can use it anyway by using the editor outside the DAW when the DAW is running, but that is not a great solution because this way i can't automate the VST parameters quite easely in the DAW and i have to do the automation the old skool 1990 way. Not something i was expecting from a 2011 flagship.

Me too I use Cubase 6.5 64 bit ,but OP-x and Korg's softsynths work even they are 32 bit.

But why no 64 bit version can it not work with 32 bit Kronos
My Kronos will first be here next week.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just converted the 32 bit VST dll to a 64 bit dll by creating a new dll with Jbridge and then it works quite reasonable (combi's have a small problem that they constantly only show the last selected combi).

Then i could use the vst dll in a 64 bit environment. So it should be possible to create a real 64 bit vst dll for Korg. I don't want to create my own unsupported 64 bit dlls with jbridge for my production Setup. But if Korg read this then they know that i can be done.

My first impression of the Kronos editor is that it was a wrong descision of Korg to use the Midiquest XL software for that. It's way to slow by sending the Sysex messages with a delay. The Korg M3 editor was much better then this one. Maybe this can be solved with some settings, but i think i stick to using the Touch screen of the kronos itself.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:

My first impression of the Kronos editor is that it was a wrong descision of Korg to use the Midiquest XL software for that. It's way to slow by sending the Sysex messages with a delay. The Korg M3 editor was much better then this one. Maybe this can be solved with some settings, but i think i stick to using the Touch screen of the kronos itself.

+1
Totally agree. I'm on a Mac with Lion. The editor seems very glitchy, sometimes gets to handshake and sometimes not. Very erratic behavior and slow, disappointed after the long wait. The M3 editor puts this thing to sleep. JMO, but it also is very generic looking. I too may just skip the oncoming aggravation and do without it. At this moment, very dissatisfied, sorry..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: