Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTribe: New Korg Monotribe Editor & Control Surface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
june74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: MTribe: New Korg Monotribe Editor & Control Surface Reply with quote

For all Monotribe owners,

If you already did a MIDI mod to the Monotribe, have a look to MTribe, and editor and control surface for the little Korg wonder.

http://fabriziopoce.com/MTribe.html

On Synthopia:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/04/12/new-korg-monotribe-editor-control-surface-mtribe/

Cheers
Fabrizio (aka june74)
renegade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice, but no support for drums?

I notice you endorse the miditribe, but will it work with other interfaces as the miditribe is the most expensive one.

Can you back up patterns into the editor then load them back into the monotribe?
june74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) About drums/patterns: Interesting you think about them for the editor. The drums on the Monotribe do not have any tweak possible via MIDI just the trigger with fixed velocity (on channel 10). There is a hardware mod for the drums, but this cannot MIDI map them anyway. So it is a bit pointless to have just a trigger knob on the editor and about the patterns, any sequencer/DAW is far a better place to have drums be sequenced and stored. To have a sequencer built in in MTribe (surely possible - as I made a number of sequencers myself) will only make it more complicated, less reliable and therefore more expensive (now it is just 5 USD, not even a cappuccino and croissant where I live....). MTribe, anyway, is transparent on its MIDI IN input: if you send MIDI triggers for the drums on channel 10 via you DAW/sequencer on MTribe MIDI IN (where I supposed you sequence the synth part through MTribe as well, on channel 1), the drums will be triggered.

2) I endorsed the Miditribe from Amazing Machine because of its quality and the fact anyone with a screwdriver can install it (therefore its higher price). But, as you rightly supposed, MTribe will work with any MIDI mod. Be able to get the MIDI data in the Monotribe, and MTribe will work.

Cheers
Fabrizio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: