Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a software for wavedrum never exist, sorry...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freestok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: a software for wavedrum never exist, sorry... Reply with quote

ok guys, today i am very angry...

well...after i have found the method for replacing a loop files, i'm sad because i have find a solution for replacement of PCM instrument files too...i 'am not sure if it's work but in my mind i am pretty sure "if i find a crazy man for make that" it's certainly works, because it's logical

i have talk with 3 "developpement informatician guys" about my project and how make that feature, then all they tell me "your plan is good and certainly work fine, it's possible"

...but...nobody want make it.
the reason it's simple, because they don't interest about a music software...more, my project is easy and quickly to make...i don't understand.

i think we have two world on this earth:
one =>creativity
two =>technician

in the first world we have a "creative men" like us, user of instrument and software for use and create a music for pleasure

in second world we have a "technician men" like informatician to create and developpement a software for earn a money

the "creative men" live and grow up for creativity and open mind very wide
the "technician men" live for business only and close they mind like a sheep

it's a pity, all the informatician developpement i meet don't have a excitation at think just for funny stuff creation, and for the challenge, they don't have a real passion.

also, I drop, I stop
I do not have time to look for someone who can do this, I have other worries in my life

do not send me a PM on this subject I will not answer

I just wanted to say that it may be possible
but no one has the courage to do that,
"no money, no development", that's how the developers work and thinking

sorry for all.

have a nice day.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was worth a shot. I do see the truth n it thought. I am a tech but not of software of equipmet. I do for the fun of it but after awhile the thought of going home and doing soemthing I have to do for work, for the fun of it just isn't fun anymore. I can see how someone may not want to tackle it. A student would be the best bet, they still have fun with things and don't do it just for money in some cases. Anyway good try!
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is the type of world we live in. Now if you were somehow able to convince the "tech" that there might be a market for this, you might get their interest levels elevated to the point that they may see a profit in it for themselves... that may be all it takes to get someone to actually develop it.

But please... don't let it discourage you from being creative! Its the creative people that advance our world forward.
tobintech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting Vinnie at Syntesisia (makers of the Mandala Drum)? He has software experience and does music related programming
mouthbow

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Lucky Man? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a developer that owns a wavedrum and I like too much your idea of changing pcm sounds.
Can you explain me what do you think is the way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your information!
lessbones

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, i'm not sure i understand here-- you have actually figured out how to replace the PCM sounds? I dont understand why it wouldn't then be possible for someone OTHER than korg to make a piece of software to accomplish this... Doesn't really seem to be a reason to be disheartened to me, and especially if you have found a method, please share it! This is the only way that anyone will actually be able to accomplish this...
didjeko

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this post and it made me laugh and wonder because the arguments exposed are laughable and at least manichean.
i'm a software engineer and a musician and a poet, and i don't find any dichotomy between being creative and passionate and the job I do to earn my life.
I's funny to get angry because you can't seem to find people doing a job for you for free, just with the argument "it certainly works, because it's logical" and "my project is easy and quickly to make". Maybe it is the case, maybe not. My expericne is that clients always think it is very simple, and most of the time, the most they find it simple, the more complex it is... Very Happy
Just imagine a guy with no money reproaching to a music store : I have a very creative piece of music to compose, so give me (or build me) an instrument so that I can do it. Or go to a studio and ask for a few hours for free and explain "I'm sure that it won't take too long". Laughable.

Anyway, I have time and could be interested in giving it a try or help for this, really, except that I don't own a wavedrum to work on it...
So if needed, maybe some creative guy can give me one.
The last solution is for you to learn programming, it's easy and quick to learn.
freestok

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, certainly all the engeneer work for free for make a freeware are laughable too if i read you.

i have already work for free for recording, mixing and mastering album of some band in my life, because i saw their talent, but they don't have a money, because i'm engeneer sound and infographist too

many engeneer informatician work for free for build a game...but in same time they hope in case of big sucess like "THE LAPINS CRETINS" a lot of money...i noticed that often, and i'm worry for that, it's like a loterie.

i have call and meet many engeneer informatician, all time they tell me it's complicate, it's difficult, we don't have anytime, it's impossible...etc...all that before i present us my project, without see anythink about the files inside the wavedrum...it's pity, it's bad mind

i have already to work with some engeneer for make a show with machine in developpement with soft and electronic hardware...i'm not a simple client...and i'm not stupid, i know it's not easy to learn and practice solid progaming without study a long time.

i would want to give us a challenge, for a revolutionary electronic instrument, because wavedrum is impressive, expressive and it's the first pad in this world can play with "brush stick", it's only one pad can make that,

for their pride to achieve that...i would think this challenge it's interesting for us...but now i see... it's a mystake

i have only one engeneer hear me, and according to work very little on it...in only 2 days, he have create a converter for BOR to WAV and WAV to BOR

we need now to find the keymap of wavedrum, because without the keymap, the converter is useless

if the keymap is found, the PCM replacement can be done accomplish, it's my wish

The challenge didjeko...the challenge...the pride to participate in this small revolution without expect money, just for the challenge, the pleasure, the advanced technology interest..... thinking about that rather than laugh

my wish is achieve against KORG don't want achieve...it's like david and golhiat, it's my fight, it's my mind

i hate the idea of the big korg compagny to frustred the musician user of wavedrum without more features, because today in 2012 , it's joke to sell an electronic instrument without USB connector...never i accept that fact, it's craps policy marketing, it's my point of view.
lessbones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i agree with you freestok, especially about not including a USB port (midi, easily removable SD card, etc.) But the thing that strikes me most, is that there doesn't seem to be much OPPOSITION to doing such work--

I'm not sure what you mean by "keymap" as i'm not an engineer, but the thing that has always seemed interesting to me is that this is an official korg forum, and there is nobody around who seems to want to STOP anyone from doing these mods, etc. As opposed to a company like apple, who would go to great lengths to even have the word "jailbreak" be completely unmentionable.

So assuming this is going to be an entirely community driven effort, does anyone have any ideas on what we can do to help further this process?
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lessbones wrote:
But the thing that strikes me most, is that there doesn't seem to be much OPPOSITION to doing such work--
Keep in mind that this forum isn't actually run by Korg. Recently, KORG USA offered to host the site on their servers as the need for more space was necessary, but there is no "official" Korg oversight. Since its inception, this forum has been run and moderated by independent people on their own time.

From what I've read in the appropriate threads, it was made clear that when Korg offered their servers to host the site, they would NOT have any control over it. The reality is that many companies will encourage forums for one simple reason: Less work for them in terms of dealing with consumers. End users can then hash out all the questions and issues amongst themselves.

When people post something on here that they hope will get the attention of "The Company" they shouldn't be surprised if it does not. That's not why this forum exists. The forum is a product of the users, for the users.

In other words: Have at it! No one is going to intervene and say, "No, you can't do that!" Wink

There is also a big difference between a company like Apple, and what people often refer to as "Korg." Korg Japan is where much of the product development and design takes place. In contrast, most of the affiliates around the globe are filling the role of promoting, distributing and supporting those products. I think there is often confusion as to how much direct control there is over those products from the affiliates themselves.

I don't mean to overreach on this topic. This is just my perception based on my own perspective and experiences.
mouthbow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Don't forget! Reply with quote

Hi!

Don't forget that I'm working on software for WaveDrum. I have done a lot of steps and you will have news in (I hope) short time.
Yes: I'm working and I don't want money but I own one so I think it's normal.

Best regards and keep dreaming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: