Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help please karma ver 2.0 factory presets wanted as sysex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: help please karma ver 2.0 factory presets wanted as sysex Reply with quote

I tried to load some System Exclusive version of Karma Factory Preset Disk (Programs/Combinations/Drum Kits/Global) found on the internet but those files were corrupted and every time I dumped them into Karma Workstation using Snoize Free Software it showed error messages on my Karma. I tested using my own sounds, it worked properly.

I wish someone could load System Exclusive version of Programs/Combinations/Drum kits/Global and the preset songs (of system version 2). Help Please !
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to use an SD card, floppy, CF card (don't know what the Karma is using for medium) to transfer a PCG file?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: hi ! :) Reply with quote

Greetings Mr Michelkeijzers ! Smile

Karma has only floppy drive, nothing else.

yes floppies are used to transfer PCG files. and those files are available on korg uk site but my macs don't have floppy drives.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand ... yes it must be difficult that PCs nowadays don't have a floppy (makes PCG Tools also not really convenient).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB floppy drive (read/write) $25 at any office/computer/"best buy". One extra step for you; no conversion needed at the supply end.

If you're really hard core, check out the USB floppy emulator mod that's been done for some of the older Korg synths - Trinity for sure, tho' it might be adaptable for KARMA as well. Then you could save 100 .pcg banks to a data key and carry your sound library with you.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: