Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweep effect of wah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maarty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Sweep effect of wah Reply with quote

Hey,
I have a lead sound, and with joystick -Y I am changing the value of wah effect. How can I make "sweep" effect of this wah, so I dont need to to still move with Joy -Y ?
Thanks
(Sorry for english)
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be an "auto-wah" selection for your wah effect that you can modulate with a Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) to give you a sweep with a regular period -- you should be able to set it up as one of the effect parameters (it will depend on what Insert FX is driving the wah filter).

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alternative -- look at the wah FX and see where the joystick modulation (JS-Y) is assigned.

I suspect that it is at the bottom [wet/dry] mix, which is kind of an all or nothing proposition rather than sweep.

To get sweep you have to find where the frequency control parameter is, then make an assignment of a modulator.

If the modulator "hook" is there, you can set that parameter to pretty much any other controller (knob or slider, exp pedal if you have one) you select, and use that to control the sweep gradually instead of all-on/all-off as it is now.

BB

+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Deadloud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Behringer FB1010 midi control footswitch for wah control on the extreme. Leaves both hands free for playing. Bit of a sod to set up but it only has to be done once. Has to be said 'auto wah' is about as unrealistic a sound you're likely to hear Very Happy
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of unrealistic...

The regularly "pumped" wah on some funk tunes can be set up with a LFO set to sweep at about 500-600 ms for a two pumps/sec giving you an implied tempo between ~110 and 120 BPM -- and you could set it to turn on or off with SW1 or 2.

Tying the wah sweep to velocity could give you a more easily controlled wah that would depend on how hard or soft you played - a V-envelope wah similar to the Mutron envelope follower.

There are more possibilities, but you get my drift - an FC is not the only way to skin this cat.

BB

Deadloud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:

There are more possibilities, but you get my drift - an FC is not the only way to skin this cat.

BB

I agree ... but no pre-programmed wah is more creative than the a live control on the night, with the added advantage of never being repetitive. That said, I don't use it very often, and I do use a pre-programmed wah occasionally. Horses for courses and depends on the song etc Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: