Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos editor 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tritonesubz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: kronos editor 2.0 Reply with quote

it says on the site that they will be releasing the kronos editor 2.0 for the latest kronos x. I have a brand new 88 kronos x, and the current kronos editor 1.0 doesn't work obviously. So does that mean I have to wait till the end of the month to be able to use this feature????
How many others of you have kronos version 2.0? Have you got a way to still use this editor or do you have to wait as well.
Buying an expensive machine, and then finding out you can't use all the features for it...? Rolling Eyes
Sorry, i'm a new korg convert.....
Laste7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but you knew before buying, that the editor 2.0 will be released end of August....so where is the problem?

The Editor 1.0 works with Kronos X, so I think you should read the manual and try again...

"Buying an expensive machine, and then finding out you can't use all the features for it...? " --> Your fault, if you are not able to collect the informations provided before you buy...don't blame Korg for that
tritonesubz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: ok thanks Reply with quote

oh I'm not blaming Korg for anything, I am happy with my decision. I'll read the manual again........... and again...... thanks for telling me though that the version 1.0 works, I've been trying everything and I keep getting some pop up msg saying " a compatible korg kronos with O.S v1.6 was not detected..." my kronos x is 2.0.1
I'll recheck the midi set up... thanks for your help...
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editor 1 will not work with Kronos X running version 2.

You will have to wait till the end of August.

You are not missing much anyway!
tritonesubz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Editor 1 will not work with Kronos X running version 2.

You will have to wait till the end of August.

You are not missing much anyway!

oh lol thank you sir! Smile
Laste7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ups, yes you are right....that shows, how I use the Editor Smile Nevertheless, also this information is stated on the Korg Homepage:

"The current versions of the Editor and Plug-In Editor are compatible only with KRONOS System Versions 1.6."

Don't understand me wrong, I just don't like it, when people put in a thread with a sentence like "Buying an expensive machine, and then finding out you can't use all the features for it...?" when all the informations where given in advance...
Scatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current editor is a complete turkey, you are spared the pain of attempting to use it.
padking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scatter wrote:
The current editor is a complete turkey, you are spared the pain of attempting to use it.

+1

Padking
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scatter wrote:

+2. There's little point to it over just programming the Kronos itself.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping the new 2.0 editor/plugin will be a complete re-work into a truly useful software editor which *enhances* the Kronos experience!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
tritonesubz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
ups, yes you are right....that shows, how I use the Editor Smile Nevertheless, also this information is stated on the Korg Homepage:

"The current versions of the Editor and Plug-In Editor are compatible only with KRONOS System Versions 1.6."

Don't understand me wrong, I just don't like it, when people put in a thread with a sentence like "Buying an expensive machine, and then finding out you can't use all the features for it...?" when all the informations where given in advance...

When I said "buying an expensive machine and then finding out you can't use all the features for it" Herein lies the misinterpretation. Don't take things soooo seriously. It was a light hearted statement after hours and hours of reading the manuals, learning how to load and save sequences, creating combis and routing effects, learning how to assign aggregate devices, installing a 2nd hard drive in the Kronos., all in two days! (And that doesn't include the gigs, and private lessons I gave) You also have to understand, I'm a pianist, I play mostly real pianos at venues, or my Fender Rhodes, and sometimes vst plugins running off my laptop through a midi controller.
I am new to KORG, so initially everything seemed a bit overwhelming, now it's getting there.
Sorry if what I said offended you, but don't get worked up over nothing. Make friends not enemies. And THANK YOU to EVERYONE on here that has posted a reply, I really appreciate it! Korg Forums, where you can build bridges, hopefully not burn them.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: kronos editor 2.0 Reply with quote

tritonesubz wrote:
it says on the site that they will be releasing the kronos editor 2.0 for the latest kronos x. I have a brand new 88 kronos x, and the current kronos editor 1.0 doesn't work obviously. So does that mean I have to wait till the end of the month to be able to use this feature????
How many others of you have kronos version 2.0? Have you got a way to still use this editor or do you have to wait as well.
Buying an expensive machine, and then finding out you can't use all the features for it...? Rolling Eyes
Sorry, i'm a new korg convert.....

Wow, you have to wait about 2 weeks now... The owners of the original Kronos had to wait more than a year... Wink
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Scatter wrote:

+3 The worst editor I have ever used in my life. I used it once and swore I would never try again.
Biovac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
Scatter wrote:

+3 The worst editor I have ever used in my life. I used it once and swore I would never try again.

+4
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Korg increased the font size on the Kronos screen, so that the synth could be edited from its own screen conveniently?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: