Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos editor 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnydr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd surely welcome that. It would be great if font size was adjustable(for those of us with less than 20/20 vision)
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote for a font change. The Triton Studio was easy on my eyes.

But I still would like a decent plugin editor for the Kronos. I had planned to use it as a VST plugin inside my MPC Renaissance.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
Scatter wrote:
The current editor is a complete turkey, you are spared the pain of attempting to use it.

+2. There's little point to it over just programming the Kronos itself.

+3 The worst editor I have ever used in my life. I used it once and swore I would never try again.

that doesn't mean the Editor is bad, but that the KRONOS onboard screen is really good.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:

But I still would like a decent plugin editor for the Kronos. I had planned to use it as a VST plugin inside my MPC Renaissance.

I don't think it could get any better... It's just the same as any other VST editor.

The problem is with the KRONOS architecture itself... it doesn't allow editing of programs from Combi or Song mode.,
Biovac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
Scatter wrote:
The current editor is a complete turkey, you are spared the pain of attempting to use it.

+3 The worst editor I have ever used in my life. I used it once and swore I would never try again.

that doesn't mean the Editor is bad, but that the KRONOS onboard screen is really good.

Yes Kronos screen is good but....

Have you tried the Access Virus control?
That's a very good editor and a magnificent pluging.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:

I don't think it could get any better... It's just the same as any other VST editor.

The problem is with the KRONOS architecture itself... it doesn't allow editing of programs from Combi or Song mode.,

However, it would not be impossible to create a solution for this, even for an editor, by doing the following:

- Make a backup (internally in PC software) of the maximum 16 programs used by the combi/sequence.
- Create an editor that can edit any of of these 16 programs at the same time (this is possible by saving them on the Kronos when switching to another program).
- When finished, save everything to the Kronos (although probably all programs except one have been saved)
- However, and this is tricky: when you want to undo the change, all other (max) 15 programs need to be restored to (in the first step a backup is made). This should not be forgotten and should be done manually.

Another solution:
- Let the editor copy the max. 16 programs to a different location (beware of different types of program banks)
- Do as written in the original solution
- When finished, copy the programs over the originals.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biovac wrote:
Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
Scatter wrote:

Yes Kronos screen is good but....

Have you tried the Access Virus control?
That's a very good the Access Virus control editor and a magnificent pluging.

Yes, I will see how good the Access Virus control editor becomes, if you had to switch between patch and performance all the time. You had to make a user patch for each part, edit it in patch mode, save it, go back to performance mode, select another part, get into patch editing, save the patch to a new location as a new user patch, come back to performance, change the patch on part to the new user patch you saved............. on and on...
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:

However, it would not be impossible to create a solution for this, even for an editor, by doing the following:

- Make a backup (internally in PC software) of the maximum 16 programs used by the combi/sequence.
- Create an editor that can edit any of of these 16 programs at the same time (this is possible by saving them on the Kronos when switching to another program).
- When finished, save everything to the Kronos (although probably all programs except one have been saved)
- However, and this is tricky: when you want to undo the change, all other (max) 15 programs need to be restored to (in the first step a backup is made). This should not be forgotten and should be done manually.

Another solution:
- Let the editor copy the max. 16 programs to a different location (beware of different types of program banks)
- Do as written in the original solution
- When finished, copy the programs over the originals.

That would work IF KRONOS allows detailed sysex to be sent to each part for program editing while in Combi/SEQ mode.

If there would be such an editor, that will allow to edit programs from combi/SEQ mode without having to swith modes to program, then that will make me a buyer of KRONOS.

Can you send a patch data to any part in combi/song via Sysex, like you can do on that Virus Control editor?

I think KRONOS must be in Program mode if you have to edit the program, and as soon as you change the mode, you sequence has to stop.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
What if Korg increased the font size on the Kronos screen, so that the synth could be edited from its own screen conveniently?

Even if there was a way to output the screen to a large monitor and allow another interface (Mouse/keyboard/touchpad etc....) when programming would be a welcome addition.

When I upgrade the SSD/RAM I intend fully to see if the VGA on board has output that can be sent to a monitor strictly for this purpose. Monitors are cheap these days and if it works, it'd be worth it to hack a VGA connector panel somewhere on the Kronos for later use. Same goes for the EXISTING Ethernet Jack! Why these ports weren't punched out stock I'll never understand. Only reason I can think of is security and to deter avg folk to try to hack/screw something up.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
it'd be worth it to hack a VGA connector panel somewhere on the Kronos for later use. Same goes for the EXISTING Ethernet Jack! Why these ports weren't punched out stock I'll never understand. Only reason I can think of is security and to deter avg folk to try to hack/screw something up.

Or possibly to make sure no glitch occurs due to the processor being overloaded by tasks other than those it is dedicated to, i.e. generating sound.
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos editor is terrible. Have you ever used the Editor for Motif series? Significantly better than the Kronos Editor which is a bad joke.
BetaMark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: ok thanks Reply with quote

tritonesubz wrote:
I've been trying everything and I keep getting some pop up msg saying " a compatible korg kronos with O.S v1.6 was not detected..." my kronos x is 2.0.1
I'll recheck the midi set up... thanks for your help...

I had the same problem, but upgrading the MIDI driver for the Kronos to the latest version was the fix.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
Kronos editor is terrible. Have you ever used the Editor for Motif series? Significantly better than the Kronos Editor which is a bad joke.

Yes, I have used Motif Editor..... it sucks big time. As soon as you select a different patch on a part your effects tweaks for that part are gone!!!!!!!!! try it.
jahrome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:

Yes, I have used Motif Editor..... it sucks big time. As soon as you select a different patch on a part your effects tweaks for that part are gone!!!!!!!!! try it.

So you are saying that the Kronos Editor is better than the Motif ES or XS Editor?
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
jahrome wrote:

i don't agree, the motif editor is a great editor.

of course your effect tweaks are gone when you change the sound for a part. This is because in the Motif the synth engine structure of the sounds includes the effect session.

I use a lot of synth editors, but the virus ti editor and the Motif editors are the best editors available in my opinion. The Kronos editor is unusable, it's great for the people that can use it, but in a modern 64 bit environment it's completely useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: