Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator Pro Click problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
focalpoint666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator Pro Click problem Reply with quote

Hello. I have a problem regarding my Kaossilator Pro. Whenever I record a loop, I hear a click sound at the begining of each measure.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
MarcusCarab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of "click"? This is always a possibility with loops, just as a result of them not looping smoothly. With some practice you should be able to record nice clean ones.

Korg Gear: KP3, Monotribe
Other Gear: Boss DR-202, Casio CDP-120 Piano, Casio MT-400V (I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD!), M-Audio Radium61, Edirol Cl1 Interface, Behringer MX882 Mixer/Splitter, Yamaha MG102c Mixer
Kaden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what kinda loop? From the internal sounds, or from the external input?

I've opened countless internally generated loop files in Audition and I don't think I've ever encountered one with a click transient that wasn't meant to be there.

That said, if you're grabbing loops from external source material, you'll always be dealing with the chance of the loop start and end points of the sample not being on zero crossings, which will give you a click transient (audible or not) every single time. Times like that are when you really appreciate a solid wave editor application.
defrag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When recording loops on banks & holding notes on the pad, that sound will get stuck into the loop. Anything that's playing on the pad when you press a loop button will get recorded, even when you are only trying to select the loop & not trying to record on top of it.

So you have to lift your finger from the pad when selecting loops or you will overwrite part of it. You might get around this problem by pressing shift while touching the pad to 'hold' the note - the sound continues to play but won't be recorded into any of the banks when the bank buttons are pressed. However, pressing 'Record' first WILL record the 'held' sound.
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫
bichovergara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really old post... I don't know of anyone else that figured out this problem yet.
Never had this problem before, until today. More than two years after I bought my Kaossilator Pro+... the noise is generated on the time 1 (not at the end, but just at the beginning of the loop)... it's certainly not the same as when you have done a bad loop (regarding the timing)... but seems to be a problem with the unit itself.
Some body know about any Repair service of Korg???
bichovergara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging deeply into the problem, I realize that the problem disappears (momentarily) when you change some things on the Function settings... on [6] UTILITY, you can change SYNC to off... and what it does, is (for a while) avoid the click noise/glitch... however, the problem comeback every time you change the tempo where you're working with... this probably because, as the manual specified "if you change the length of the phrase or if you change the BPM, the recorder will automatically function as if SYNC were on"
That's all that I have... I'm freaking out with this issue. Large part of my sound on my band comes primarily from my Kaossilator pro+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: