Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noisy keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irobertson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Noisy keyboard Reply with quote

I have a noisy keyboard, has anyone else experienced noisy keys on korg kronos?
Jakker27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine clunk a little but nothing drastic. All keys or certain keys?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My G# in the lowest octave (on a 61) has a bit of a springy noise to it, but it's never really bothered me when I'm playing.

It is one of my favourite keys though.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my black keys and the highest C and the lowest A all make a clunking noise when released. Like it is hitting something when the key is relased. Of course it has no effect on what comes out of the headphones or speakers.

Does anyone else have it on these keys?
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's on an 88 or 73, loosen the big screws on the bottom (a little bit) and take the spacers that came with the keyboard and push them down in front of the keybed, If you don't have the spacers anymore, something about as thick as a credit card will do the same (if you're gentle). Run it up and down the keybed slowly and then tighten the screws (it helps if you do this while the board is on a stand). If you do this, most, if not all of your clunky noises will go away.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
All my black keys and the highest C and the lowest A all make a clunking noise when released. Like it is hitting something when the key is relased. Of course it has no effect on what comes out of the headphones or speakers.

Does anyone else have it on these keys?

I had it - it is one of the known keyboard issues. I was given a full replacement.
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my understanding from what I was told at the service center I visited.

Basically the thin front piece bends and dents really easily. So if you lean against the keyboard while playing or it gets bumped in the case it can bend or dent very easily. When this happens the keys touch it slightly and cause it to make noises.

Loosening the screws as suggested above will cure most issues but the technician I talked to said he serviced a couple units that needed to have that piece replaced because it was dented too much.

He flipped it up front facing the ceiling loosened the screws then pushed the keys back. This fixed my sticking keys immediately. It took about 5 minutes.

Alesis Andromeda A6, Kronos 88

www.coreymast.com
irobertson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Noisy keys Reply with quote

Not all keys its just some , its on a kronos 88
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called support and they asked a bunch of questions. My keyboard has always made the noise and I have never moved the keyboard anddon't lean against it. They told me to contact my local repair center. They told me to bring it in and they will diagnose it. That will happen soon.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
I called support and they asked a bunch of questions. My keyboard has always made the noise and I have never moved the keyboard anddon't lean against it. They told me to contact my local repair center. They told me to bring it in and they will diagnose it. That will happen soon.

Did you try what I suggested? I had the exact same issue when I got my board back from getting memory added to it (several black keys clunking). This took me five minutes and saved a lot of time and headache.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I contacted support a week ago, before I saw your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: