Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard play octave switching?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krusty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Keyboard play octave switching? Reply with quote

I am just learning now my way around mine.
i am confused...there is no direct octave switching function?
Not even for keyboard play mode?
Am I wrong the only way to octave switch is to use the pitch shift effect?
Thats a big flaw and disappointment IMHO..
Also I am confused in any mode, like keyboard play you can only have one effect?

thanks
Corbytender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No octave switch, not even in keyboard mode. This is a keyboard that thinks like a sampler. In fact, the keyboard is really nothing more than an on-board midi controller. So it's a sampler that thinks like a sampler but looks like a keyboard. Learn to accept it and you'll start having a lot more fun.
Krusty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: thanks..what aoubt when using ext keys controller? Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply.
thats what makes this forum so great...so many kindly members like yourself
helping us newbies!

Forgive me if the manual answers this, i have not bothered to check.
Turns our i also own a fine Korg microkontrol usb keys controller I use
plugged into my lenevo laptop, running reaper and vst arturia moog modular V ect..So i wonder if the MS will respond properly to octave switching from the microkontrol/ If not this seems s shame and imho one of the few major dissapointments of the MS ..the other only being able to record one keyboard play track per pattern....again thanks.
BTW do you know of a good free instrumental samples archive site on the web?
S
Corbytender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has released a few complimentary bank packs, which you can download from their website in the support section for the microSampler. They aren't half bad, especially for free.
Krusty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: re the new free Korg sample banks Reply with quote

yes i got them...IMHO the pianos are stunning. I have a complaint about
the vox and cx3 organs...unfortunately the leslie speed is nice and realistic below middle c..as you play above that and by the last octave the speed is just so fast as to ruin them..it is quite annoying.. Now if Korg would please release future free banks with more cz3 samples without the leslie.
I have found a few free sample archives on the web..sadly they are nearly full of endless drum samples and hip/hop type stuff..
For crying out loud from the free banks you would get the idea the MS was designed to be only marketed to the rap/hiphop crowd..
Myself I bought mine hoping to get a cheap relatively source of extremely accurate pianos, organs. strings , brass and some classic synth sounds without being able to afford big bucks keys like an M3..Those free korg banks are a good start for me.. BTW Is it just me? To me those great new free pianos from the free korg banks seem really magical emerging from the keys of these tiny MS ..
thanks for your help.
piplefou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm very happy too with the sample packs from Korg. It's always nice to hear which surprises they have each time they release a pack. Personally, I don't care about the loops and sound FX, but many of the instruments are nice. In particular the synths, a Mellotron flute with not too much vibrato (so it transposes rather well), and some nice toy sounds.

I must say though, that with some effort, you can get better pianos and electric pianos than the ones in the sample packs! They sound quite shrill to my ears. Try making your own multisamples of your favorite piano VSTs; not too much work and definitely worth the effort! I recommend to use samples with lower velocity. You can also multisample a Hammond organ this way, to get rid of the effect of the Leslie speeding up.
DuDs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could sample the sound on different octaves and save the keyboard part of each sample to a different pattern.

All you'd have to do was go into keyboard mode and turn the pattern select dial to change the octave.
DJ RAZZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i am not mistaken you can transpose up to an octave and re-save the sample to a different bank slot.
ayluaylu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: thread solved here Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61382&sid=6227e01c980d162d5a8f797de4d77a77

you can apply a pitch midi effect to your vst and get your midi notes to get down or up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: