Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-50 display light flickering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phabius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: X-50 display light flickering Reply with quote

I have a X-50 for about five months now, received it new from Korg as endorsement along with a Kronos 61.
Both have not meet the stage yet, used only in the studio, but about to hit the road soon.

Today I've noticed an annoying flickering of the LCD, it seems to be the backlight, not the display itself. It goes from dim to bright quickly. Happens from time to time, not constantly.
As the keyboard is brand new, I would like to know if anyone had this problem so soon.

Thanks!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
Dandy Dust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Any solutions? Surprised
Dandy Dust

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here? Solution - spareparts?
owex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In every X50 there's power input "broken". Sometimes, when cable isn't insterted well, I mean it is moving (yeah, that happens in every x50) lcd flashes and when you move korg while playing, it can be even turned off. No solution- just try to input cable more stable.

Hope you understood and that so did I Razz
aderano0720

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess its korg x50s major problem.. weak LCD...

I use my x50 for almost 6 months,
sometimes Im getting the same problem... unreadble.. sometimes no display at all (but generating sound)

and sometimes, it works fine again.... I dont understand...

I already tried openning the keyboard and refreshed the LCD (by just touching, detaching and attaching it again)
-- note that everytime Im doin this, it will work fine again......

I guess the problem is a cause of carrying problem..when you take it to a gig, maybe the vibrations are causing this....
- to prove that this is wrong, I hope some user will comment that they are also having problem at home, without carrying it to other place....
j.blackstone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Fixed mine. Needed new LEDs. Reply with quote

My X-50 backlight started flickering last month. It became slower and more intense over a period of 10 days or so.

I opened the synth up, thinking that I would be replacing the 5V regulator on the PS board. But it turned out that the LEDs themselves were faulty. Not wanting to wait for my next parts order, I replaced them with a couple of white LEDs from a cheap flashlight. Worked great.

The two LEDs are through-hole parts (not surface mount). This photo shows one replacement LED in the foreground and one original one still installed behind.

The flashlight LEDs were more than bright enough, and I was a little concerned they might be drawing too much, so as a precaution I added an additional current limiting resistor. Probably wasn't necessary. (I put the resistor on the wire feeding 5V to the backlight board, as the LEDs are the only consumers of 5V on that board.)
deaddrop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about if screen is all white but led lights still works???
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The display contrast may need to be adjusted. See the Troubleshooting section on page 117 of the X50 Operations Guide.

deshwani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my korg x50 lcd have broken, i cannot find its original lcd, can I use arduino lcd display or any other similar? can anyone send me any link or guide me the exact size and pins for any other lcd display ?
jus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Korg X50 has been sitting idle for a few years now. Mine and those of 2 other friends, has just fizzled. All the above mentioned by you guys, was happening. I also had probelms with the dc input and changed the input socket but anyway now it's just a blank screen and the dc inpu is still dodgy. THERE OBVIOUSLY IS A MAJOR PROBLEM HERE! What a shame. I liked this KB. IT had great sounds and was easy to carry around. KORG PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: