Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I Upgrade Now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Should I Upgrade Now? Reply with quote

My Kronos 88 is in the shop getting the keybed replaced ( I had an early Kronos #116). My question is, what is the cost for the upgrade to make it a Kronos 88x and what are the benefits to me?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's in the shop, if you can afford it- why not? It will save you the cost of an additional service visit. If you are a power user you should get it done. Search the posts here for options. A larger second SSD is an option if you can get the tech to install it.
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have the money to upgrade but don't want too waste money if the upgrade will do nothing for me...So....

1. What does the memory upgrade do for the average user?

2. what does the SSD upgrade do for you?
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, if you don't know the answers to those questions, you don't need them.

1- More memory means you can load more sample, not quantity, but size.

2- You can store more data on SSD. With version 2.0 samples will stream for SSD, so it's more important, and your audio tracks are stored on SSD as well.
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as you explore the options of the standard Kronos a little deeper, you'll find that you need the additional RAM already to load all factory EXs (EXs3,4 and 2) that are not in the Preload, plus some very nice free sample sets uploaded in this forum.

You'll defintely need the addtional 1Gb RAM if you want to buy more than one of the nice new sample libraries that are for sale (loading one will typically work within the standard 2Gb RAM)

And as soon as you'll upload new samples you'll run into the HDD size limit of 32Gb (at least I did), and installing a second SSD will keep you going for a long time loading and buying.

So, I'd go for an upgrade if it goes for service anyway, because you'll need it sooner than you realize..

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
rderderian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as you explore the options of the standard Kronos a little deeper, you'll find that you need the additional RAM already to load all factory EXs (EXs3,4 and 2) that are not in the Preload, plus some very nice free sample sets uploaded in this forum.

I did not realize that some factory presets did not get loaded. Is there a way to see and hear these missing presets? Is there a way to load them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: