Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing multiple bank preset with separate midi controllers.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyVinegar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Playing multiple bank preset with separate midi controllers. Reply with quote

Backstory:
Just got a microsampler. My band is about to go on tour in Europe and it was much cheaper to buy one of these than to bring/rent my analog organs and synths over there.

I would like to know if it is possible to assign presets within a single bank with their own midi channels so separate instruments can be played simultaneously. Example: In my general setup (w/o microsampler), my left hand is playing an organ while my right is playing a synth lead. Can I achieve this just with the microsampler and a midi controller?

Been thoroughly reading the manual. Haven't figured out a solution yet. Am I chasing my tail here?

Thanks
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure you can only set 1 midi channel globally to each bank, unless there is a way of doing it with midi messages some how.
Telengard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to assign your organ samples to one hand's key-range that you want to use and your lead samples to the other hand's key-range. I am trying to remember, but I think you have two midi channels: one for the keyboard mode (this is where one sample stretches across all keys) and one for the sample keys themselves.

Hope that helps somewhat.
DustyVinegar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Looks like it's just the two midi channels. I think splitting the keyboard might be what has to happen. Thanks.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think you have two midi channels: one for the keyboard mode (this is where one sample stretches across all keys) and one for the sample keys themselves.

Thats good to know, thanks for the info. Smile
DustyVinegar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I couldn't get the Microsampler to be a passable organ replacement. The samples either popped (couldn't get rid of the pops with the editing software) or when i tried to record longer samples and just transpose the pitch, the result of speeding up and slowing down the sample added many undesirable artifacts. My touring organ rig is now an iPad with iRig and midi controller using the app Organ+, which is a virtual dual manual organ with drawbars. The manuals can be set to separate midi channels and the drawbars can be set to knobs/sliders on midi controller. It's a little harsh in the upper frequencies, but sounds pretty spot on through pedals and amplification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: