Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timber Select

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nboogie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Timber Select Reply with quote

Hey, so i've recently created within the MicroKorg software for the XL two patches and i am trying to figure out how to make it so that the Timbre Select switch can toggle back and forth between the two patches.

I already have them created and Patch #1 is Timbre #1 and Patch #2 is Timbre #2 but Timbre 1 is global and i'm guessing that's the problem. because it shows up no matter if the selector is on 1 or 2. I'm guessing that Timbre #1 needs to not be global anymore... but it is... and i can't figure out how to change that.... i can change it on Timbre 2 but yeah..... any ideas? i'm sure this is an easy fix.

thanks
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an XL+ and have the same issue. Using the librarian I created two separate patches on two separate timbres; I assigned the MIDI channels separately (the MIDI global is the default for 1 per the manual; you can assign a separate channel for 2). I can hear the different patches when playing on an external keyboard, but switching the Timbre Select switch does nothing but play the first patch. I can put it in to split mode and hear both patches, but I would rather work multitimbrely.

What am I missing?
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nboogie, see my other posts about this. It turns out that the Switch is only there to allow you to edit the Timbre, not play it independantly of anther timbre. From Korg Support:

"This knob is just for editing and does not toggle between individual timbres of a program. "

So there you have it. May this appear in a google search and answer some future quesiton. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: