Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Microkey not getting sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustinpeace91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Korg Microkey not getting sound Reply with quote

I dont know if im in the right place here. i didnt see a forum on the MicroKey so i guess ill post it here.

I just bought a Korg MicroKey and ive been trying to get it to work.

i first tried it on Ableton. I opened a Midi track, armed it, configured it so that the was on MicroKey was the input etc. No sound, it worked fine with my QWERTY keyboard though.

After that i downloaded M1LE and authorized it. No matter what driver i used i would get a message saying either "Failed to load audio engine" or "Failed to load Midi Device"

I then tried an open source program called Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard. Again, Microkey showed up on the input devices, but no sound came out when i struck the keys.

Before you ask

1.Ive tried using different USB ports
2.Ive installed the drivers

This damn thing isnt working! i payed 100 dollars for it and im pissed. Please help.
rustinpeace91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tried updating my drivers and restarting my computer.

Now the microkey wont even be RECOGNIZED by M1LE or VMPK!!!!! The driver said it installed fine and its recognized in the Driver properties. Pardon my french but what the f*ck is going on here?

I tried it on my macbook with garageband and it worked fine! but it wont work on my Windows 7 (64 bit) PC, the light is on so the unit is on.

I do all of my reocording and composing on my windows machine so id really like it to work there.
rustinpeace91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should give you an idea of the predicament im in.

Drivers installed, lights on, computer recognizes the MicroKEY, says its working properly.

Should work in Ableton right?

nope....

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9483/wtfdk.jpg

well certaintly it must be the faulty software, surely M1LE which came with the piano will work

NOPE! Its not recognized
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9894/wtf2u.jpg

The hotline is closed right now, ill call them tommorow. Otherwise im taking this thing back to guitar center.
juanitolol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I have the exactly same problem. Did you solve it?

Regards and thank you.
rustyfrog666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Korg Microkey 61 not working Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having the same problem with Windows 7, 64 bit.

Initially it worked just when I connected the USB. Then I downloaded the driver from the Korg website (having read that this is what should be used), but the Microkey doesn't get recognised.

If I start up M1, MS-20 or any of the other bundled software I get an error message saying "Failed to open the midi device".

I have tried uninstalling the driver but it is still not recognised. Also tried re-installing the drive but it's still not working.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run the 'Install Korg USB MIDI Device' utility after 'installing' the drivers?

The Installer program (somewhat unintuitively) puts the drivers on your system, but Windows will continue to use the built-in Microsoft MIDI drivers until you use the utility to force it to use the Korg driver.

Apologies if you already did this, but it is one of the most commonly missed steps which would not be obvious unless you are following the instructions step-by-step.

If you check the 'uninstall MIDI Device' utility you will also be able to see exactly how many MIDI drivers you have installed. Because of a Windows limitation, anything over #10 will not work.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
rustyfrog666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I tried the Install Korg USB MIDI Device, but it was a bit temperamental, e.g. wouldn't open when I clicked on it. When it did open it didn't seem to make a difference - looked like it was all working but error message still came up.

Fortunately I had a backup from a week ago so have reverted back to pre-install. Working fine now with the MS MIDI drivers so I'll stick with them for the moment.

I recall the midi drivers were on page 2 of the uninstall MIDI device utility, so listed as 11 and 12 I think. So maybe that was the problem. When I get around to needing the Korg drivers I'll bear the >10 limitation in mind.

Thanks again
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustyfrog666 wrote:

I recall the midi drivers were on page 2 of the uninstall MIDI device utility, so listed as 11 and 12 I think. So maybe that was the problem. When I get around to needing the Korg drivers I'll bear the >10 limitation in mind.

That is definitely the source of your problems.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Windows is even worse then I thought.
dannwebb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Win 7 64-bit and have the same problem.

I had fewer than 10 devices listed in the uninstall MIDI device utility so that wasn't the issue in my case.

Here's what happened for me:

I plugged it in initially and it worked just fine.
I installed the Korg drivers, and initiated them, and it failed to work even though the light was lit.
I uninstalled the Korg drivers, rebooted, and it worked fine again.

The instructions recommend installing the Korg drivers, so that's what I did. It should be as simple as that. I shouldn't have to go trawling forums to find out why the maker's own drivers don't work on the most ubiquitous operating system in the world.

Took the shine right off the purchase, for sure, and I was so excited about getting it too.
cemego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: KORG IS NOT WINDOWS COMPATIBLE Reply with quote

My microkey 37 has been problematic since I bought it. I bought the microkey 37 they day it was first released. It used to work ok in XP provided you clicked through all the "non windows compliant driver" error messages. Any time I had a windows update or anything on my system changed, I had to spend a day or two trolling forums to get a solution.

Usually in the past i could find an updated korg driver and it would work (with clicking through error messages about incompatibility).

Now I'm running windows 10. The driver functionality from Korg barely functions. Have to spend days trolling messages boards to even get a clue as to what I'm supposed to do to get the damned microkey37 to function.

I'm really sick of paying top dollar for Korg products that they claim are windows compliant and ARE NOT.

f*ck you Korg! I want my money back! Bunch of Liars... ADMIT IT. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A WINDOWS USB/MIDI DRIVER so you aren't fooling customers into buying your products that DO NOT FUNCTION.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: