Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving sounds from different packs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Moving sounds from different packs Reply with quote

Hi! Ive got a problem..
I've downloaded free pack with some really nice progs and combis, but some of them replaced ones that I used and 'destroyed' some other combis. I wanted to move some progs and combis from this new pack to my old one using pcg tools but there was a problem.. Some progs ( like pianos ) after this operation sounded completly different.. in the fact they didn't sound like pianos. And many other combis, especially strings also stopped being strings and so on. I hope you understand what I am talking about Very Happy
Well, I've tried everything, nevertheless Im still not good at using pcg tools and maybe its me who did something wrong.
My question is: how shall I move progs from one pack to another without destroying whole set? Or is there any other way to load another pack without connecting with pc?
Thanks in advance!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programs and combis in PCGs will not work right when moved from one Triton model to another when they use effects or samples that are in the source Triton that aren't available in the destination. This can happen a lot with PCGs from the Triton Classic, Studio, and Extreme which have 5 IFX when moving to the LE, TR, X-50 and MicroX, which have 1 IFX and no sampling. The TR has a sampling option board that can let it use custom multisamples, but it still has only 1 IFX. Effects are frequently essential parts of the sound of program or combi. Any program that uses a custom multisample won't sound anything like the original when copied to the Tritons without sampling.
owex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the second question is.. how shall I do that? For example..
I buy one pack with 4 really good combis and another 4 progs.
Then I buy another pack with another combis and progs.
Is it possible to move theese 4 progs and 4 combis to the second pack without loosing quality? Or there will always be some differences? And what program shall I use, pcg tools or there is any better one?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the editor librarian software to copy programs/combis around as you wish.

The better answer is to learn how to edit and modify individual programs so that you can understand how they work. Pretty soon you'll find out that most of the packs are just the same crap that are being sold by people who have no idea how to program their own sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: