Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Wavedrum and forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevieboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: New to Wavedrum and forum Reply with quote

Hello from LA

Just got a Wavedrum, well got it a couple of weeks but just finally had time to get it out of the box and fire it up. I'm not a percussionist, just a guitar player that wants to record my own simple drum tracks for my home recording projects. I at least from playing guitar do have some experience creating rhythms with my hands! So a hand capable drum is perfect. Very cool little device!

Nice to see so many here had trouble figuring the thing out, because beyond setting it in live mode and running through the programs, I found the book to be pretty imprehensible. I found this forum and WaveDrummer's editing sticky, which I found pretty incomprehensible too! At first, possibly because I was so confused from trying to figure out the manual. But I kept at it, and started to answer some of the questions I had, and it's starting to come together. So far dealing with isolating the algorhythms and PCMs andworking with them, which is a big part of the battle.

I still have lots of things to figure out, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. My needs aren't as great as you real drummers, so that's sort of in my favor too.

I'm sure I'll have some questions, but I think I need to get through the basics myself so I can begin to ask questions that are only part way stupid. Mainly, I just wanted to log in especially to thank WaveDrummer for his great tutorial, I'd be clueless without it!
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello stevie
a good way to introduce yourself to this place.
maybe there are more 2nd instrument drummers than you think ... Wink
guitarists ,pianists , ...
do you already use your guitar FX on the wavedrumsound ?

@pepperpotty : maybe we could make this thread a "sticky" ?
stevieboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

Guitar effects--I just started fooling with this thing two days ago and am still working on the basics!

But since you mention it, I'm pretty "old school" when it comes to guitar, not much in the way of effects, a reverb pedal if the amp I'm using doesn't have it built in, a bit of boost, that's pretty much it. However, I use Pro Tools LE and the interface I have is an Eleven Rack, which is a device loaded with amp models and effects models too, it actually is used by some people away from the computer as strictly a multi effects unit into their amplifier. I just plug one channel from the Wavedrum into the guitar input of the Eleven Rack. Then Protools has a lot of effects that can be applied post recording. So the sky is pretty much the limit if I want to go that way.

For the time being though, I'm just trying to access the different sounds and programming features on the Wavedrum, and again, thanks to WaveDrummer for much help.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of good information spread around this sub-forum, and you will likely find the answers to many of your initial questions. But if you don't, feel free to fire away.
stevieboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I decided to jump in and record a simple drum track, on a home recording of a thing I did a while back, replacing a track I'd made by programming somehow or another a while back for convenience sake.

Here it is, very simple track with a kick (58 in the programmed section) snare (00) and hi hat sort of (44). I got a pair of multi purpose sticks, with a mallet on the other end. Mallet on the kick, regular sticks on the snare, hand on the hi hat. No fills, pretty much the same all the way through. I'll probably go back and play with adding fills later, but I'll be in and out of town for the next month or so.

The idea is that I want everything to played by a human (which by default is me!) So I play guitar, bass, and the organ sound is a roland guitar synth. And now drums, which is the point of my presence here. It's just home amateur stuff, if I was doing it professionally, I'd hire a drummer!

If it starts to get long, nothing much changes on the drum part, a few measures is all you need to get the idea. Thanks to anyone who listens.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12194445
Nuwave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Nice job Reply with quote

Great tone.
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very relaxed tune , like

@Nuwave
hello and welcome
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tune Stevieboy!! In your original post, you said you're from LA. Do you mean LA - the 2-letter abbreviation for Louisiana - or the the city Los Angeles?
stevieboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Nice tune Stevieboy!! In your original post, you said you're from LA. Do you mean LA - the 2-letter abbreviation for Louisiana - or the the city Los Angeles?

Lower Alabama

Just kidding, the City of Angels, though I don't know many.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: