Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavedrum and preschool!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Wavedrum and preschool! Reply with quote

Well the school where my kids go also has a preschool program. Obviously I have a kid I there. Yes for those who know me I am old enough to have grand kids but we got a late start. Anyway the program gets credits and more funding when people spend time in class. I told them I would bring in the WD. They asked that I bring headphones but when I got there and they heard it they went to computer speakers, cheapo's! Now people who have never heard it were impressed but I explained how they were really missing out so after the kids pounded on it for about a half hour I was asked to bring it in again some time with my speakers. I think I will only take one in but you never know maybe I'll take both in and set the kids inbtween them! They don't have to be loud to get the effects! Another funny observation, all the kids are wxperts at fiddling and it took almost the whole time before one of them realized, after showing him many times, that the parameter knob would also go down. No matter where I set it the kids would crank it right to program 99! Then ask for the fireworks sound, thunder etc #97! Granted on the computer speakers it did sound like fireworks. Any lots of fun for the kids teachers and some other teachers who had to come check it out.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a studio where I teach music, mainly piano and guitar. I have a cheapo Roland TD-3 kit driving Superior Drummer that we use for rhythm exercises, and a WD beside that. Kids love the WD for sure, and drums in general. Sometimes we sub out Superior Drummer for Omnisphere or even just Logic synths, and the kids really get a kick out of that. I think it's great that you're getting involved with your kids' school. I've done that since mine were wee ones, they're 19 and 24 now but I'm still the school choir accompanist all these years on... always a highlight of my week!
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really into music at school. Home we had an organ and my guitar but it was made a chore so I avoided it. Only on the last 10 years have I decided it has a lot of benifits. I really Belive it helps with math and thinking in general. Anyway I digress, logic has synths? I have logic express. It haven't dug in. I did buy the logic book from apple. Really involved I am only just getting started.

It was fun, kids had fun but where to young todo much more then make noise the first time they saw it. Maybe with a few repeat visits they will try to make some music with guidance.

They will freak when I run the WD into a couple QSC K10s for stereo thunder! And delays! I wish I didn't travel so much so I could do it more.
olivia_3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My both kids are going to same preschool. I am happy that we are getting fee concession for 1 child according to the plans. I am happy that Phoenix preschool are giving such good chances.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Get into the class a couple times at least and play with the kids. They love it and you will love it. An instrument just made it that much more memorable for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: