Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accurately Changing Tempo on the Fly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pablocruz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Accurately Changing Tempo on the Fly Reply with quote

The Tempo knob on the Krome is almost worthless! It is so course and wide ranging that it is nearly impossible to set a tempo within 10 bpm of the desired value. When you try to correct it with the shuttle wheel on the Dec/Inc buttons, they are way too granular.

I've not been able to find anything in the manual about making fairly large rhythm adjustments (plus or minus 20 bpm) accurately on the fly. Is there any way to accomplish this. One BPM per click on the wheel would be acceptable, can you adjust that?
lutefish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pablo -

I suppose it partly depends upon your definition of "on the fly".

You can always tap on the tempo indicator in the screen and use the keypad and enter a precise value that way.

You can also tap and hold the displayed tempo, and use the slider which appears for coarse adjustments, or the virtual wheel for smaller.

...neither of which gives you the one click/one bpm adjustment you're looking for. Anyone else?
jameslol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: I find the same Reply with quote

The Tempo Knob is too sensitive I think. Korg should reduce sensible level for this Knob.

Like I could not choose exact number. Just a little move, the number will fly.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try recording the tempo change as an RPPR pattern in the sequencer. Then press the trigger key when you want to change the tempo. Note that I have not tried this so it's just an idea that may or may not work. It's a bit of effort to set up but if it works you would end up with a set of preset tempo's that can be selected with a single key press.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: