Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to connect my x50 to iPad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLeoZeppelyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: How to connect my x50 to iPad Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum so my apologies in case there's already a topic about this issue.
I'd like to use my x50 as a midi keyboard connected to my iPad, using garage band. Is it possible? Which accessories do I need in case?
percussion boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the x50 with Garageband.

However, I do use the x50 as a MIDI keyboard with an ipad4 to play various ipad softsynths (sunriser, nave, etc.)

All you probably need is the adapter that Apple sells for digital cameras -- not the card reader, but the cable or connector that gives you a plug that fits your ipad at one end, and a socket for a standard usb cable at the other end.

I believe for older ipads, this adapter was sold together with the card reader, as the Camera Connection Kit. For the ipad4, I had to buy the adapter by itself, no card reader.

Connection is simple -- USB cable from the x50, to the adapter, to the ipad.

If just connecting everything doesn't work, you might need to change midi settings in Garageband for it to "find" the x50. I don't know that software, but on the stuff I use there is usually a "MIDI input" setting or something similar; I have to choose "all inputs" or "x50" for the x50 to work. And of course, make sure the software isn't needing a MIDI channel different from what the x50 is sending (see Global in the x50).

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: