Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now it's October!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectromat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Arrived Reply with quote

Hi,
The Bass and Keys are nice pieces of kit, the build quality is good and I think most will be familiar to hard the plastics used in their construction.. They are smaller than I imagined, but not too diddy, to call them "cute" would be fair.
The larger knobs are nice to handle, and I will test out gromits on some of the smaller knobs, although it's a little tight for space on the Keys, so maybe just have the little rubber things on the well tweaked knobs.

I am just starting out on hardware synths, so I can't speak with much authority on these little boxes, but I have been looking forward to the arrival of all of the Volcas for some months (as I am sure others have) but I have to say that these both sound really very good.. The speakers give a sound that is adequate to noodle, but when they are amped up.. they really sing.

They are good fun too, as I said, I am pretty new to this kind of synth, but since these arrived yesterday, a couple of hours play has already got me smiling, lots of nice little techniques to stumble across, which is always nice when exploring new things, and connecting these together just adds more possibilities.

I hope to get the beats when it arrives.
These are a great deal of fun, for not much money!

Happy Bunny!
Matt
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that those with pre-orders in the UK can expect the Keys and Bass from around the 14th Oct onwards
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is crazy Robo' . Do you not have your order yet ? I'm puzzled because your location says Scotland & i got my volca from a Glasgow shop. Confused
I see that the u.s is about to kick off.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Arrived Reply with quote

Spectromat wrote:
I will test out gromits on some of the smaller knobs, although it's a little tight for space on the Keys, so maybe just have the little rubber things on the well tweaked knobs.

Hey Mat, where do you get those gromits, what kind are they ? It's tight for space on the beats too but the bpm knob is too sensitive. Would probably benefit from a bigger thingy !
Spectromat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Grommets Reply with quote

DrHoo, I have not picked any up yet but I saw someone else using them on Youtube, and thought they would come in useful Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ZqFaIrNb8
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi- Which shop DrHoo?- My local shop has a branch in Glasgow too. I was told that early pre-orders were to be filled first with a small initial release- to be followed up by a second wave around the 14th Oct- Did you have yours pre-ordered for a while?
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i got from RUBADUB , Glasgow. Maybe they had limited stock but they posted it on ebay so i nailed it.
I also use GUITARGUITAR. They have an Edinburgh shop & they're very good, got my ms20m from there.

I think that they are arriving in different countries in small numbers a bit like the ms20 mini. It's funny,i never pre ordered & then there was a short spell of availability & then they went again. There are odd ones here & there if you search around.
mosca

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all three from Red Dog in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back. I believe they have stock at the moment.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Grommets Reply with quote

Spectromat wrote:
DrHoo, I have not picked any up yet but I saw someone else using them on Youtube, and thought they would come in useful Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ZqFaIrNb8

I saw that too but they look a bit overcrowding & clumsy. I think something more like this below would be better although best to get the pot shaft size right. Volca is 5.5mm but maybe a 6mm pot knob would be better to avoid forcing it on, it's not good to have an overly tight fit.
[img]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

There are different styles to choose from ! Just ebay it. Idea [/img]
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well-looks like my shop just hasn't been at the front of the queue- I have a pre order with them- never mind - I'm off to Majorca for a week on Sat- hopefully I will have a nice surprise on my return Cool
analoguekid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
Ah well-looks like my shop just hasn't been at the front of the queue- I have a pre order with them- never mind - I'm off to Majorca for a week on Sat- hopefully I will have a nice surprise on my return Cool

Is there anyone in England got theirs yet, I have been told by PMT today in Brum, that they expect them in around the 28th Oct but I am not holding my breath. I suppose at the end of the day it will be worth the wait but my deposit has been on since April. They also said that they have 7 fully paid internet pre-orders which will be first to go out, then the pre-ordered deposit ones would be next in line based on the oldest date first. So does this mean that if anyone pre-orders and pays in full now, they will get priority over the people who have been waiting for ever.....
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shop did get a small amount in the first wave- a few weeks ago but- they filled orders prior to mine. The second wave are actually due in a few days time- when I shall at last get my hands on them.

I don't know the answer to the second part of your question- but if I were you I would be on the blower tomorrow to find out- why don't you just pay the full pre order price while you are at it to make sure you get yours. Imagine missing out for the sake of not doing this Sad Crying or Very sad Sad
mesoboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be worse - most sites in France are currently showing mid-December, with some talking about February 2014! I've bypassed the queue, getting them from the UK; should be here 1st November Very Happy
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- that is what I have heard. Korg UK are to recieve them earlier for distribution. Which is why- I am told- that the likes of Thomman are indicating mid- December.

Last edited by robosardine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
analoguekid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
My shop did get a small amount in the first wave- a few weeks ago but- they filled orders prior to mine. The second wave are actually due in a few days time- when I shall at last get my hands on them.

I don't know the answer to the second part of your question- but if I were you I would be on the blower tomorrow to find out- why don't you just pay the full pre order price while you are at it to make sure you get yours. Imagine missing out for the sake of not doing this Sad Crying or Very sad Sad

I think i may just go tomorrow and pay the balance, trouble is if I pay the full amount and then still dont get one i'll be stuck waiting on PMT, whereas if I leave it and dont get one i can go and get my deposit back and then try the net for one.Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: