Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basic loop station for a new Microkorg user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciochi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Basic loop station for a new Microkorg user Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i'm a fresh owner of the Microkorg, my first synth ever, and i was wondering what you would suggest as a loop station to work with it.
I must say i'm not new in music since i've been playing guitar for more than 12 years and piano for nearly 7 year, but i've never had the need of a loop station as i feel now with the Microkorg for the project i'm starting, basically d'n'b-dubstep live with a drumplayer, a dj with samples,a female singer and me at the synth for bass/pads etc.
I'm fascinated by the Koassilator pro, but i dont know if it's the right choice for my needs ( i guess no more than 3 loops at once).
Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Control

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Basic loop station for a new Microkorg user Reply with quote

ciochi wrote:
Hi everyone, i'm a fresh owner of the Microkorg, my first synth ever, and i was wondering what you would suggest as a loop station to work with it.
I must say i'm not new in music since i've been playing guitar for more than 12 years and piano for nearly 7 year, but i've never had the need of a loop station as i feel now with the Microkorg for the project i'm starting, basically d'n'b-dubstep live with a drumplayer, a dj with samples,a female singer and me at the synth for bass/pads etc.
I'm fascinated by the Koassilator pro, but i dont know if it's the right choice for my needs ( i guess no more than 3 loops at once).
Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I do something very similar with a KP3. I prefer the KP3 over the KOPRO for looping, and it gives you a load of cool effects to use Smile

I'm not sure how good your drummer is, but drumming along to a perfectly synced loop is extremely hard in my experience. Removing the human element to keep \ change time was what made me decide to pre-program my drums
Jrose152

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kpro is perfect for this and the programmed drums are great
MojoHarris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Kaoss Pads work great as loopers, but I found myself wanting to make patterns longer than 4 measures. Currently I have mine hooked into a Boss RC-50 which lets you set your own pattern lengths.

There's even "sub" and "main" outs that you can designate per phrase, meaning if you've got a mixer with any sort of effects built in you can dial in separate effects for each part. i.e. push the grain up on your lead while you leave the bass and pad untouched.

I know that Boss has a new flagship looper out now, so it's possible that the RC-50 is going for <$100.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: