Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recording patterns in keyboard mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwgallo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: recording patterns in keyboard mode Reply with quote

i read over the pattern sequencer sections of the owners manual again and i saw another thread about this but the problem was never really solved in it so I am reposting.
can patterns not be recorded in keyboard mode? whenever i sample something and select it with the sample selector, i am unable to record clips in the pattern sequencer of me playing that sample in keyboard mode. the recorded pattern will instead play the samples it would trigger in sample mode if i had pressed the same keys. even though the pattern sequencer seems to have a keyboard mode sample select parameter, selecting the sample i am using does not seem to do anything.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to know that keyboard mode can only use one sound from sample mode at a time, so you assign a sample to keyboard mode, record a pattern, select another sample for keyboard mode, record next pattern, and so on. It's a bit fiddly but it is possible to create complex pattern based music pieces using the MS. Smile
Cubilas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also check your GLOBAL MIDI settings, make sure they are not set to the same channel. (i.e. should look like this Global MIDI channel: 1 / Keyboard MIDI channel: 2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: