Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroSampler as midi Slave related Questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lpnalda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: MicroSampler as midi Slave related Questions. Reply with quote

Ok ya'll, I hope to make use of some of the psudo-realistic, and digital timbers of the MicroSampler to add texture to my mostly analog sounding Nord Stage (classic) via midi and thus have 2 questions here. First, I want to put the brass sample in ROM, into the slot where OB brass is in the vintage keyboard pack, as that's the pack I'd be using most in a live performance with the band I'm in. Problem is, that when trying to load sample to write that sound into said bank, it asks me what sample number from the Rom bank. Problem is, there's no indication of what sample number that particular sample is, and also how do I find the exact number of the OB brass patch in the vintage keyboard pack, so that I can write over that? Second question, is when I want to trigger a sample (such as that brass patch) via midi from my other keyboard, it seems to play other samples as well. How do I get it to trigger the selected sample in keyboard mode only? I hope these aren't too vague, and ya'll can get an idea of what i'm trying to do. Yes, I do some sequencing stuff at home, but still, the microSampler offers some secrets to use live as well, as a really hip midi module, or is that something it's not designed for? Please, don't tell me I should've bought a microkorg XL. I want the beats too! Thanks in advance. Confused
dholmes40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MicroSampler as midi Slave related Questions. Reply with quote

Lpnalda wrote:
When I want to trigger a sample (such as that brass patch) via midi from my other keyboard, it seems to play other samples as well. How do I get it to trigger the selected sample in keyboard mode only? I hope these aren't too vague, and ya'll can get an idea of what i'm trying to do. Yes, I do some sequencing stuff at home, but still, the microSampler offers some secrets to use live as well, as a really hip midi module, or is that something it's not designed for? Please, don't tell me I should've bought a microkorg XL. I want the beats too! Thanks in advance. Confused

No one actually answered this and I have the same question. I have an M50 with the microsampler and I would like to use it with Midi during live performances. Is there a way to set one key on the M50 to play a certain key from the Sampler? I know I could reach over and press the key on the sampler but sometimes it isn't so easy during a live performance.

Thx
Korg MicroSampler

RIP = Wavestation EX, X3
Cubilas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I have been using other MIDI gear to trigger my microSampler for a few weeks now.

In your GLOBAL options menu on the microSampler, select which MIDI channel to receive on. Global MIDI will be the Sampler, Keyboard MIDI will be just the selected keyboard sample used in keyboard mode.

Set your Nord or M50 to the appropriate MIDI channel. MIDI OUT OMNI should not be selected & will most likely play both SAMPLE and KEYBOARD mode at the same time (not what you want to do)

For example, I use my MPC1000 for sequencing.

( microSampler: Global MIDI Channel: 1 / Keyboard MIDI Channel: 2 )

MPC1000 MIDI OUT to microSampler MIDI IN

MPC track 1 is set to MIDI channel 1. This will trigger individual samples in SAMPLE mode, to play my sampled drum sounds recorded on the microSampler.
MPC track 2 is set to MIDI channel 2. This will let me use only the keyboard mode sample on the microSampler.

I will record my drum sequence on track 1 and my keyboard sequence on track 2 (of the MPC).

Is this what you're trying to do? I can post a video if you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: