Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Channel Settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russd1977

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Midi Channel Settings Reply with quote

I've been looking through the manual but I can't find an answer to this. When I load a midi file and then change the channel settings (ie change the piano sound to the Krome Piano instead of the GM one) it doesn't remember it when I skip to the start.

This is probably happening because the midi file contains channel settings at the start of each channel. Does anyone know how to remove that, or save new channel program settings?

Sorry for the n00b question!
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to turn off the program change setting under the midi filter tab , just uncheck the little boxs for the tracks you are working with. I have to do the same on the M50 for certain midi files.
russd1977

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
You need to turn off the program change setting under the midi filter tab , just uncheck the little boxs for the tracks you are working with. I have to do the same on the M50 for certain midi files.

Thank you! Although I have unticked them for all channels... and when i press the left locate or stop button it still seems to reset them and everything goes back to a piano sound. Do I need to save it or something before hitting locate left or stop? Thanks again.

EDIT: Oh I think I fixed it by going into the track and choosing Erase Control Data. Seems to have worked... although not sure if thats the best way.
satya_music

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: MIDI Reply with quote

Dear Brother,

I am doing another way, i.e.,

load the midi file

go to page
select the track
track edit
event edit
change the prog number eg. B025 for strings
(here you can change all the control changes CC# or level etc., etc.,)

one by one all the tracks can be changed.
then save

save as midi or krome sng format

then the krome will remember her programe numbers

Good luck

B/regards,
Satya

Current gears: Korg PA700, Korg TR 61, Korg PA600, AKAI MPC 1000, M-AUDIO Mtrack Plus, Audio-Technica AT2020, Casio CTK5000, Nikon D5500 and Sony PJ410.

Previous gears: Korg Krome, Korg o1wFD, Yamaha PSR-S970, Yamaha PSR-S900, Yamaha PSR 2000, Yamaha PSR 520.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
russd1977

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh that makes sense! Thanks Satya Smile
KromeItaly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi Channel Settings Reply with quote

russd1977 wrote:
I've been looking through the manual but I can't find an answer to this. When I load a midi file and then change the channel settings (ie change the piano sound to the Krome Piano instead of the GM one) it doesn't remember it when I skip to the

Hello to all. (Sorry for my english)
I tried to manage with FL Studio Midi files via USB in this way.
Step by step.
1) Turn on Krome and set in Seq mode
2) Set Krome menu TouchView GM initialize.
3) On the PC, after you have successfully uploaded the usb drivers and have set FL Options Setting Midi, Sound Krome 1.
4) Load a midi file of FL Studio, you will notice that it will sound fine, but not with the beautiful sounds of Krome.
5) For all traces of FL Studio midi file, you must perform a Replace, Midi Out, at this point you're done, you have the melody and choose the desired tool.
6) For example, to select the Grand Piano sound Krome, you must set the track on FL Studio Midi Out, Bank 0 - Patch 1, do not change port.
7) Well, you know how they work desks, proceed with the rest of the tracks from step 5 to step 6.

I hope to be of help.
Best regards to all.
Andrea Very Happy Sad
Drfist.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you perform a Replace, Midi Out???????????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: