Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI: A few parts now available for the PA600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: FYI: A few parts now available for the PA600 Reply with quote

Parts Is Parts is now carrying some PA600 replacement parts like the joystick assembly, main-board and LCD display. See link below. I have no connection with these folks, just a customer of theirs in the past.

http://www.guitar-parts.com/search/node/pa600

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
sridharar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rick

That is good to know.
I will check for whether they could help with my PA600 Joy Stick situation.

My service shop has been able to get a replacement Joy Stick Assembly through Korg -- and he is waiting to put the new assembly into my PA600.
But the cable that connects the Joy Stick assembly to the motherboard(!) has not been available from Korg or from any other source.

Kor is saying that the replacement cable is not available for ordering.
They are telling my service person to simply re-use the existing cable and solder the tips directly on the Joy Stick PCB. What hack!
The problem is that the cable has little slack and is worn out and ugly from previous tries of fixing the Joy Stick.

The service person and I could create a longer cable ourselves if only some one could provide the exact description of the connectors (the plastics that takes the wires for crimping).
They do look like routine parts that might be available from any electronic parts store.
But I hesitate to open the unit for taking the cable out and taking it to a DIY store in the Boston area, so as to avoid negating the warranty.

If any one can provide a precise description of the part it would be great.

Br Sri.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sridharar wrote:
Hello Rick

That is good to know.
I will check for whether they could help with my PA600 Joy Stick situation.

My service shop has been able to get a replacement Joy Stick Assembly through Korg -- and he is waiting to put the new assembly into my PA600.
But the cable that connects the Joy Stick assembly to the motherboard(!) has not been available from Korg or from any other source.

Kor is saying that the replacement cable is not available for ordering.
They are telling my service person to simply re-use the existing cable and solder the tips directly on the Joy Stick PCB. What hack!
The problem is that the cable has little slack and is worn out and ugly from previous tries of fixing the Joy Stick.

The service person and I could create a longer cable ourselves if only some one could provide the exact description of the connectors (the plastics that takes the wires for crimping).
They do look like routine parts that might be available from any electronic parts store.
But I hesitate to open the unit for taking the cable out and taking it to a DIY store in the Boston area, so as to avoid negating the warranty.

If any one can provide a precise description of the part it would be great.

Br Sri.

Perhaps your service person could 'extend' the cable by splicing more wire(s) to the center of the cable without having to replace the ends.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
sridharar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick

A good idea - do not know why he/I did not think of it.
Splicing, extending and joining 8 wires of visible dimensions should be no issue -- should not affect any electrical characteristics.
(As compared to a challenge I was facing at work -- splicing and joining 20 lines on a flex-material each of ~10 microns width with a spacing of ~4 microns between them).

Thanks Sri.
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part number of the Pa600 joystick harness is CAV0010115. Try to order.
If you need its drawing with description of all parts, send me your email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: