Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oasys RAM stick question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anukis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Oasys RAM stick question Reply with quote

HI I have read on forums that these RAM sticks work in the O

KVR400X64C3A/1G (Kingston)

What is doesn't say is whether u can use two identical ram sticks in the O. Meaning can I use 2 of these sticks in the O or do they need to be different sticks? My OEM Hynix one is giving me problems with the blue screen and randomly malfunctioning and freezing my O on my ram sounds which is definately a RAM problem so I need to replace the Hynix one. The other 1GB in there is the one mentioned above KVR400X64C3A/1G. So looking to buy a second of the same

For anyone interested someone mentioned that these high quality RAM sticks work on the O so I bought a pair and they do Not work. Be careful they are very expensive. I think its because its dual channel

KHX3200AK2/1G HyperX

Thanks
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far from an expert, but have you replaced that single RAM stick with another brand and it worked fine and that's how you knew it was the OEM ram stick? Or do you have 2 sticks in there now?

I found this thread before when I was looking for sticks...and specs..
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6464

Two identical sticks should work great, if not better than mix-matching across brands/types.
As far as I know, RAM sticks are identified and used by where they sit on the motherboard and NOT by brand names or model type. If that's what you meant.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I put in a brand new kingston kvr400x64c3a/1g in there and it still freezes. So I'm thinking the original Hynix is giving problems. There were 2 sticks in there but after 7 years I thought I should do some maintenance and replace the ram sticks. Upon installing the new Kingston, something happened to the Hynix all of a sudden. (unless the brand new Kingston was a dud) It sometimes powers up and loads all my ram samples and plays, but then once it freezes it goes straight to the blue screen and stays that way. The sticks are sitting in place from my knowledge and are seated in the white holders. I'm quite surprised to why they don't work.
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping someone else would chime in by now.

I'd also try running with only the 1 gig of OEM ram and see how it does.
I'd then swap out the OEM with the 1 stick of your own RAM and see how it does.

And so I'd be testing each stick on its own to see if it works.
If each stick works by itself, I'd assume there was some file corruption.\
\
Have you considered it could be you own library at the bottom of this?

Maybe try reloading your libraries on to the HDD from your original files.
Maybe there's some corruption.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. Ive just transplanted ssd's on both my O's and the other one is running fine. I thought it may be the case but when u switch it on it goes to the blue screen which means it can't be related to loading the Ram samples. If this was the case, it would just not load the Ram samples or freeze. Once it freezes it only shows the blue screen on the next boot up. So it will switch on per normal once I jiggle the ram, then when it freezes, it goes to blue screen when powered on again. Then I re jiggle ram and it switches on and freezes again and then back to blue screen. I've got some Ram sticks on order from the States so will wait a week to receive and then try random orders of different sticks to see which one stops it from freezing.
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: