Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wave editor for start - end loop points

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matteotiger1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: wave editor for start - end loop points Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy
There is somone who can link a wave editor (possible free and simple) that automatically points out the -start- and the -end- points of a single audio sample, to use the -loop- function without any audio clipping?
Thanks Surprised
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to know that MS can only loop the start and end of the whole sample, so you can only achieve a smooth loop on sounds that are even without sharp attacks or sounds that change texture. Some good results can be made from organ, string, sine, square, triangle type waveforms etc.
Using the sample editor for the MS, and a bit of experimentation, it is possible to create seamless loops. Smile
lodevalm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is such functionality on it, but if you need a free wave editor you can use audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

The best way to avoid clicks on loops is making a fast fade-in and/or fade-out (approx 20ms) on the sample.

This usually works good for beat loops.

Sampling instruments is more a pain in the neck, because in theory you have to match the end value of the sound loop with the beginning value.

A way to sample instruments loops is recording a cross-fading loop three times and then get the second one to make the sample.
In this case the cross-fade data of the sample is the same at the beginning and the end of the sample.
Having a loop-start point and the EG available also in loop mode would be great to create perfect sampled instruments, I will never understand why they didn't put them on this gear to make it almost perfect...

Another technique from the '90s (don't tell me, I know, I'm old!) that was automatic in some samplers like the Roland W-30, is creating a loop that play the sample forward and then backward.
In this way the start and end point of the loop are perfectly the same and you don't get clicks, of course sometimes it works sometimes doesn't...

Hope it helps!
robotunes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this formula gives you perfect loops:

(# of bars) x 4 x 60 x (sample rate) / bpm = sample end point

so a 4-measure loop at 120 bpm recorded at 48k on the microsampler is 384,000 samples long

4 x 4 x 60 x 48,000 / 120 = 384,000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: