Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global MIDI: Assign Channel Midi IN to several Tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Global MIDI: Assign Channel Midi IN to several Tracks Reply with quote

Is it possible to assign one chanel Midi IN to several tracks?

If this was possible, you could play several voices at the same time with a controller midi. For example, if you mute Accomp3, Acoomp4 and Accomp5 these tracks could be used to play notes with the midi controller. Such thing would be similar to have 3 uppers more! Upper4, Upper5 and Upper6 !!

Thanks!

Last edited by Wolfo Jean on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Global MIDI: Assign Channel Midi IN to several Tracks Reply with quote

Wolfo Jean wrote:
Is it possible to assign ona chanel Midi IN to several tracks?

If this was possible, you could play several voices at the same time with a controller midi. For example, if you mute Accomp3, Acoomp4 and Accomp5 these tracks could be used to play notes with the midi controller. Such thing would be similar to have 3 uppers more! Upper4, Upper5 and Upper6 !!

Thanks!

Yes, is possible.
go to: Global/Midi/Midi in channel and assign your midi controller channel to your choice track.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Global MIDI: Assign Channel Midi IN to several Tracks Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:

Yes, is possible.
go to: Global/Midi/Midi in channel and assign your midi controller channel to your choice track.

Ok, of course. You say "assign a midi channel to a ONE track".

But what I want is assigning SEVERAL tracks to one midi channel.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Global MIDI: Assign Channel Midi IN to several Tracks Reply with quote

Wolfo Jean wrote:
Nemik wrote:

Yes, is possible.

Ok, of course. You say "assign a midi channel to a ONE track".

But what I want is assigning SEVERAL tracks to one midi channel.

Can your controller do layers and send the same midi notes out to separate channels? Seems like this is a midi out task for the controller.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current controller can't do layers. I have seen other controllers that they can be programmed to send the same note to several midi channels using zones or layers:

- M-Audio Axiom 49
- Samson Graphite 49
- Novation Impulse 49

Do you know them? Can you recommend any to me?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need this: http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

has options:
MIDI setup plumbing

Dispatcher: Play a rack of monophonic synths like a polysynth. The MIDIpal will automatically route each note of a chord to a different MIDI channel.
Monitor: Sometimes things go wrong with a MIDI setup… Use the MIDIpal as a trusted source to display the stream of MIDI messages coming from a cable.
BPM counter: Use the MIDIpal to check the accuracy of a MIDI clock signal coming from a sequencer or drum machine.
Splitter: Control several synths from a single keyboard by routing one half of the keyboard to a MIDI channel, the other half to another.
Channel filter: Remove all MIDI messages coming from a specific channel.
Channel Merger: Merge several MIDI channels into a single MIDI stream.
Clock divider generates a slower subdivision of a MIDI clock.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting device... But...

Dispatcher: ...each note of a chord..., >>> I want to route a only note and that note does not necessarily have to belong to a chord.

Splitter: ...routing one half of the keyboard to a MIDI channel, the other half to another. >>> I would need routing the whole keyboard to several channels.
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One moment !!!

Here is the manual:
http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal/manual

MIDI Plumbing apps > Dispatcher (dispatch)

There is a "stacking" mode and this mode is what I need !!

Stacking mode:
---------------------
"Each note is sent to all channels at the same time. Perfect for thickening a lead by sending it to several synths, or to several parts of the same multitimbral device."

Of course, the multitimbral device will be the korg pa900 :_D

Ok Nemik!! Thanks!!
MamieNova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a PC can be part of your setup, MidiOX will solve this and many other needs. You should have a look, at least for testing, and finding exactly the configuration you want to put in place.
Wolfo Jean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MamieNova, very interesting but I didn't think to have a PC in my setup. Mmm, ... a mini-pc like "zotac zbox nano" would be fine... maybe...

I have found other possibility. It is possible to join several uppers in only one. Getting this effect is easy.

In Sound Mode is possible to copy the oscilators from a existing sound to another new sound. After, you can copy the oscilators from a second sound and add them to the new sound.

That would be like to have two uppers in one only upper, for instance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: