Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android Apps for Korg Pa Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorkum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Android Apps for Korg Pa Series Reply with quote

Hello everyone:

Does anyone of the Korg players know of Android apps for Korg Pa series
keyboard. Like Songbook app, scoring app, etc. I do not have an I-Pad. Mine is an Android 4.0.

Thank you
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.korgpa.com wrote:

QUOTE FROM http://www.korgpa.com/
Pa900 OS 1.10 Released
The new operating system for the Pa900, now enabling communication with iPad/Android tablets and allowing for mixing microphone and line inputs.

At this stage there are none and we do not know what these future promised apps will actually do.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: connection with ipad, android, windows, tablet, laptop ... Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
.. now enabling communication with iPad/Android

Enabling communication with iPad and Android tablets depends on connections - nothing else on my mind.

As Pa-keyboards receive midi-commands via MIDI-in and send them via midi-out , it makes no difference whether you use a tablet with Android, with iPad-OS or a tablet with Windows-OS, to remotely control your pa -keyboard with these external-devices.

only requirement for this external-devices is to be able to send midicommands via midi-connection. then you simply create a midi-dummy-smf containing that midicommands your PA-Keyboard need to change its settings like songbook-entry, performance or style-number.

For performances and styles it is to do easily with sending program-changes via midi-in set to "controls". To change songbook-entry it is necessary either to send a sysex or a NRPN via midi-in (also set to controls without filtering sysexs).

Examples (hex) for remote-control via sysexs :
f0 42 7f 60 bf 63 02 bf 62 40 bf 06 00 bf 26 01 f7 -- > Songbook-Entry 1
f0 42 7f 60 bf 63 02 bf 62 40 bf 06 00 bf 26 03 f7 -- > Songbook-Entry 3
f0 42 7f 60 bf 63 02 bf 62 40 bf 06 63 bf 26 0a f7 -- > Songbook-Entry 9910

f0 = Beginn SysEx; 42 7f 60 = ID-SysEx for Korg Pa-Keyboard; bf 63 02 = Controller Ch16/NRPN/MSB; bf 62 40 = Controller Ch16/NRPN/LSB; bf 06 00 = Controller Ch16/DataMSB/Value; bf 26 00 = Controller Ch16/DataLSB/Value; f7 = Ende SysEx.

If you do not want to send SysEx, simple send that as NRPN Commands as Controls.

both sysex and NRPN as commands written in mididummies - that is easy to allows remote-controlling Pa-Keyboards.

If you write such commands to your smf-dummy, note the format of NRPN using of some software-sequenzers like cakewalk/sonar. there the format of NRPN is written decimal in one line of eventeditor with two values with following format: value one = 128 * NRPN MSB + NRPN LSB, value two = 128 * (ControllerValue MSB) + ControllerValue LSB.
Example sb-Entry9910, value one = 128 * 02 + 64 = 320, value two = 128 * 99 + 10 = 12672

With windows onboard-tools and songbook-editor remote-controlling your Pa-Keyboard with automatical opening PDF-display on a monitor is possible. Simple create an input for 4-digits to open a command-file (known from DOS-times like bat, com or js), starting pfd-viewer with corresponding fullscreen-sheets and starting smf-dummy with corresponding commands to remote your Pa-Keyboard.

If you want to start PDF-displays of scores, text or whatever you want you can do that in Songplay-Mode with PA-songbook, using a Midifile (SMF) as resource of songbook-entry. insert that command into your smf your external device need to start PDF-viewer. For iPad there is an application songbook+ (CH, Baum-Software), maybe there also applications for Androids ("Mobile Sheets"?) - sorry, i dont know because i use onboard-tools with windows and some freeware (like Opentext of M.Bedesem) to start viewing PDFs on 19-inch-Monitor after selecting songbook-entries on Pa-Keyboard.

To insert commands Opentext uses for starting PDF-Views is a little bit awkward , but if anyone like to use opentext ( from M.Bedesem), i will send instructions about format of that exotic program-change-commands (seems to be better suited for Yamaha-users).

Hope my English is good enough to understand what i want to tell you - for me its easier to use that tools as to describe them.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Snorkum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your english is perfect. I know exactly what your are explaining. However, I do understand that it is a lot of work to control the Pa remotely.
I just thought that there was a app that would make life a little easier.
I guess for now I just forget about using my tablet.

Your information is very valuable for me in near future.

I really appreciate your information and knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: